College of Education
Master of Arts in Education
The goal of the Master of Arts in Education (MAED) program is to provide students with the knowledge and skills needed for ethical and effective leadership careers in the field of education, staff development, and training. The online Masters of Education program promotes educational opportunities for career advancement, employment mobility and lifelong learning. The online Masters degree is designed to provide both a broad based perspective of education as well as an increased competence in fulfilling educational responsibilities. Due to individual state requirements, the Master of Arts in Education degree does not provide initial teacher licensure.
Note: A detailed list of all Program/Concentration/Certificate course offerings and their descriptions is available on Trident University International’s catalog at http://www.trident.edu
The College of Education offers the Master of Arts in Education degree program with a variety of concentrations.
In order to earn Master of Arts in Education degree all students must complete a total of 36 semester credits of core courses and electives as specified in the following Program concentrations.
The College also offers Certificate concentrations that are designed to provide graduates with the latest information and research available in that specific field of study/concentration.
An additional 4 credits of prerequisite courses may be required for selected specialties if student has no background or experience in an education or training related field.
All MAED Concentrations (listed below) consist of 5 core courses (20 credits) + 1 capstone course (4 credits) + 3 elective courses (12 credits).
- Adult Education
- Aviation Education
- Children’s Literacy Development
- Early Childhood Education
- Educational Leadership and Administration
- Higher Education
- Teaching and Instruction
- Training and Development
Students seeking a graduate certificate must complete a total of 4 courses (16 credits) or 6 courses (24 credits) depending on the specific certificate.
- Adult Learning: 4 courses (16 credits)
- Conflict Resolution Management: 4 courses (16 credits)
- E-Learning and Online Teaching: 4 courses (16 credits)
- Instructional Systems Specialist: 6 courses (24 credits)
- Technology and Learning: 4 courses (16 credits)
Gainful Employment Disclosure
Trident University offers high quality online degrees designed to impart the skills and knowledge required to compete in today’s marketplace for high demand careers. While our mission is to prepare students effectively to pursue career and professional development in their respective fields, finding gainful employment is the individual responsibility of the student. We do not imply or guarantee that students will find employment or be placed in any particular job as a result of completing an educational program. In order to help students make informed decisions about academic choices, Trident University provides the following gainful employment information for all of its program offerings.
Program Name and Length
|Program Name:||Master of Arts in Education|
|Program Length in Months:||30|
|Total Tuition and Required Fees
For the entire program completed in normal time
|Total Estimated Costs for Books and Supplies
For the entire program
|Total Annual Room and Board
Charges for living on campus
|URL for Program Cost Information: http://www.trident.edu/tuition-fees/|
Debt at Program Completion July 1, 2011 – June 30, 2012
|Number of Students Completing the Program
Graduate between 7/2011 - 6/2012
|Students Completed with Student Loan Debt
Of the completers reported above
|The Median Cumulative Debt for Each of the Following
For all students (both borrowers and non-borrowers)
Federal Student Loan Debt:
Private Loan Debt:
Institutional Financing Plan Debt:
|Note: The majority of graduates in this program did not carry a debt
balance at the time of graduation, therefore median debt per graduate is $0.
Program Completion in Normal Time July 1, 2011 – June 30, 2012
|Normal Time in Months to Complete Program
As published in institution catalog
|Students Who Completed the Program Within the Normal Time
Of the total number of students completing the program
|Completion Rate Within Normal Time||98%|
11-9030 Education Administrators
11-9033 University Administrators
21-1012 Advisors, Student Development
25-9030 Instructional Coordinators
25-9031 Consultants, Educational
25-9031 Educational Specialists
25-9031 Instructional Material Directors
This program is designed to prepare graduates to pursue a job in this field or related fields. Although career and professional development services are available to students and graduates, finding a job is the individual responsibility of the student. We do not guarantee that any student will be placed in any particular job, or at all.
Bureau of Labor Statistic’s SOC Websites:http://www.bls.gov/soc/home.htm
Job Placement Rate for Program Completers: Data Not Available
25-1081.00Education Teachers, Postsecondary
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- A cumulative minimum GPA of 2.5
- International students must provide proof of English proficiency (see Catalog section on English Proficiency for details).
- Certificate seeking students are required to provide official transcripts of all prior academic work including military transcripts.
- Master’s degree students are required to provide official transcripts from the institution granting the undergraduate degree.
- No academic entrance exams such as GRE, MAT or GMAT are required for admission.
- Special considerations for military graduates and future graduates of the following military degree programs - ACSC/CGSC/CNCS/MCCSC - who wish to earn their MAED degree in Educational Leadership and Administration online from Trident University International - contact Trident Admissions (800) 579-3170.
- Special considerations for military applicants with undergraduate degree or Army GS-1712 seeking the Instructional Systems Specialist certificate from TUI - contact Trident Admissions (800) 579-3170.
TUI has adopted the following conditions and procedures for transfer of credits:
- Students are required to provide official transcripts of ALL prior academic work without exception.
- Prior academic work will be articulated during the admission process.
- All courses, whether applied to a program or general elective in transfer will be posted to the student’s permanent record.
- Transfer credits will not be included in the calculation of overall GPA.
- Graduate coursework submitted for transfer must have been completed within the prior seven (7) years unless the content is deemed outdated or no longer equivalent or relevant by the College.
- TUI may accept for transfer to the Master’s degree up to 30% of graduate level credits from other accredited colleges or universities. All transferred course credits must have a GPA of 3.0 or better.