College of Education
Master of Arts in Education
The goal of the Master of Arts in Education (MAED) program is to provide students with the knowledge and skills needed for ethical and effective leadership careers in the field of education, staff development, and training. The online Masters of Education program promotes educational opportunities for career advancement, employment mobility and lifelong learning. The online Masters degree is designed to provide both a broad based perspective of education as well as an increased competence in fulfilling educational responsibilities.
As individual state requirements vary, the Master of Arts in Education degree is not a teacher licensure or certification program, nor does it provide administrative credentialing. Students are urged to contact their respective states for specific requirements beyond the graduate degree.
The College of Education offers the Master of Arts in Education (MAED) degree program with a variety of concentrations.
In order to earn an online MAED degree all students must complete a total of 36 semester credits of core courses and electives as specified in the following Program concentrations.
The College also offers Graduate Certificates that are designed to provide graduates with the latest information and research available in that specific field of study/concentration.
An additional four (4) credits of prerequisite courses may be required for selected specialties if the student has no background or experience in an education or training related field.
All MAED Concentrations consist of 5 core courses (20 credits) + 1 capstone course (4 credits) + 3 elective courses (12 credits)
- Adult Education and Training
- Aviation Education
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Early Childhood Education
- Educational Leadership and Administration
- Safety Management Training
All MAED Graduate Certificates require 4 courses (16 credits) or 6 courses (24 credits) depending on the specific certificate
- Adult Learning - 4 courses (16 credits)
- Instructional Systems Specialist - 6 courses (24 credits)
- Technology and Learning - 4 courses (16 credits)
A detailed list of all Program/Concentration/Certificate course offerings and their descriptions is available on Trident University's Catalog.
Gainful Employment Disclosure
Trident University offers high quality online degrees designed to impart the skills and knowledge required to compete in today’s marketplace for high demand careers. While our mission is to prepare students effectively to pursue career and professional development in their respective fields, finding gainful employment is the individual responsibility of the student. We do not imply or guarantee that students will find employment or be placed in any particular job as a result of completing an educational program. In order to help students make informed decisions about academic choices, Trident University provides the following gainful employment information for all of its program offerings.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- A cumulative minimum GPA of 2.5
- International students must provide proof of English proficiency (see Catalog section on English Proficiency for details).
- Certificate seeking students are required to provide official transcripts of all prior academic work including military transcripts.
- Master’s degree students are required to provide official transcripts from the institution granting the undergraduate degree.
- No academic entrance exams such as GRE, MAT or GMAT are required for admission.
- Special considerations for military graduates and future graduates of the following military degree programs - ACSC/CGSC/CNCS/MCCSC - who wish to earn their MAED degree in Educational Leadership and Administration online from Trident University International - contact Trident Admissions (800) 579-3170.
- Special considerations for military applicants with undergraduate degree or Army GS-1712 seeking the Instructional Systems Specialist certificate from TUI - contact Trident Admissions (800) 579-3170.
TUI has adopted the following conditions and procedures for transfer of credits:
- Students are required to provide official transcripts of ALL prior academic work without exception.
- Prior academic work will be articulated during the admission process.
- All courses, whether applied to a program or general elective in transfer will be posted to the student’s permanent record.
- Transfer credits will not be included in the calculation of overall GPA.
- Graduate coursework submitted for transfer must have been completed within the prior seven (7) years unless the content is deemed outdated or no longer equivalent or relevant by the College.
- TUI may accept for transfer to the Master’s degree up to 30% of graduate level credits from other accredited colleges or universities. All transferred course credits must have a GPA of 3.0 or better.