College of Health Sciences
Master of Science in Health Sciences
The College of Health Sciences offers the Master of Science in Health Sciences (MSHS) degree program with a variety of concentrations. The goal of the program is to provide students with the knowledge and skills needed for effective managerial and leadership careers in various health fields. Students will learn to discern among, implement and evaluate new developments and advances in fields of health sciences. Individuals will learn to balance the needs of health practice within various sociopolitical and economic environments. The program is also designed to provide students with the ability to critically evaluate research findings in applicable fields of practice. Students will develop knowledge and skills in ethical and legal decision making. The program also promotes educational opportunities for career advancement, employment mobility, and lifelong learning opportunities.
College of Health Sciences Catalog
Note: A detailed list of all Program/Concentration/Certificate course offerings and their descriptions is available on Trident University International’s catalog at http://www.trident.edu
The College of Health Sciences offers the Master of Science in Health Sciences (MSHS) degree with a variety of concentrations/specialties.
In order to earn an Master of Science in Health Sciences all students must complete a total of 40 semester credits of program core coursework and elective coursework as specified in the following concentrations/specialties.
The College also offers Certificate concentrations that are designed to provide graduates with the latest information and research available in that specific field of study/concentration
An additional 8 credits of prerequisite courses may be required for selected specialties if student has no background or experience in a health related field.
All MSHS Concentrations consist of 6 core courses (24 credits) + 4 specialty courses (16 credits)
- Clinical Research Administration
- Health Education
- International Health
- Public Health
All MSHS Graduate Certificates require 4 courses (16 credits)
- Clinical Research Administration
- Environmental Health Science
- Health Education
Gainful Employment Disclosure
Trident University offers high quality degree programs designed to impart the skills and knowledge required to compete in today’s marketplace for high demand careers. While our mission is to prepare students effectively to pursue career and professional development in their respective fields, finding gainful employment is the individual responsibility of the student. We do not imply or guarantee that students will find employment or be placed in any particular job as a result of completing an educational program. In order to help students make informed decisions about academic choices, Trident University provides the following gainful employment information for all of its program offerings.
Program Name and Length
|Program Name:||Master of Science in Health Sciences|
|Program Length in Months:||48|
|Total Tuition and Required Fees
For the entire program completed in normal time
|Total Estimated Costs for Books and Supplies||$0.00|
|Total Annual Room and Board
Charges for living on campus
|URL for Program Cost Information: http://www.trident.edu/tuition-fees/|
Debt at Program Completion July 1, 2011 – June 30, 2012
|Number of Students Completing the Program
Graduated between 07/2011 - 06/2012
|Students Completed with Student Loan Debt
Of the completers reported above
|The Median Cumulative Debt for Each of the Following
For all students (both borrowers and non-borrowers)
Federal Student Loan Debt:
Private Loan Debt:
Institutional Financing Plan Debt:
|Note: The majority of graduates in this program did not carry a debt balance at the time of graduation, therefore median debt per graduate is $0.|
Program Completion in Normal Time July 1, 2011 – June 30, 2012
|Normal Time in Months to Complete Program
As published in institution catalog
|Students Who Completed the Program Within the Normal Time
Of the total number of students completing the program
|Completion Rate Within Normal Time||96%|
21-1093Assistants, Social Service
21-1093Case Work Aides
21-1093Human Service Assistants
21-1093Human Services Workers
21-1094Community Health Workers
21-1094Lay Health Advocates
This program is designed to prepare graduates to pursue a job in this field or related fields. Although career and professional development services are available to students and graduates, finding a job is the individual responsibility of the student. We do not guarantee that any student will be placed in any particular job, or at all.
Bureau of Labor Statistic’s SOC Websites:
Job Placement Rate for Program Completers: Data Not Available
25-1081.00Education Teachers, Postsecondary
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- A cumulative minimum GPA of 2.5
- International students must provide proof of English proficiency (see Catalog section on English Proficiency for details).
- Certificate seeking students are required to provide official transcripts of all prior academic work including military transcripts.
- Master’s degree students are required to provide official transcripts from the institution granting the undergraduate degree.
- No academic entrance exams such as GRE, MAT or GMAT are required for admission.
TUI has adopted the following conditions and procedures for transfer of credits:
- Students are required to provide official transcripts of ALL prior academic work without exception.
- Prior academic work will be articulated during the admission process.
- All courses, whether applied to a program or general elective in transfer will be posted to the student’s permanent record.
- Transfer credits will not be included in the calculation of overall GPA.
- Graduate coursework submitted for transfer must have been completed within the prior seven (7) years unless the content is deemed outdated or no longer equivalent or relevant by the College.
- TUI may accept for transfer to the Master’s degree up to 30% of graduate level credits from other accredited colleges or universities. All transferred course credits must have a GPA of 3.0 or better.