Trident University Degree Clearance
- What is degree clearance include and when does it begin?
- What is the minimum GPA required to graduate?
- Who is eligible for honors?
- When and how should I submit my request for degree clearance?
- When and how will I know that I have completed all the requirements for my degree and am cleared to graduate
- How long is the degree clearance process?
- How do I request for a name change in TUI’s system?
- How do I receive my diploma?
- What will be my 'Degree Confer' date?
- When can I request for an official transcript that will reflect the completion of my degree?
- When is the graduation commencement and can I participate?
- How do I order a duplicate diploma?
- What should I do if I want to continue my education at Trident University?
- Where do I get information about caps, gowns, invitations, photographs and commencement day activities?
- How can I updated my military records?
- Does TUI have Alumni Association?
The degree clearance staff in the Office of the Registrar will review your record to ensure all required documentation (official transcripts, certificate, license, CLEP, foreign credential evaluation, etc) is in place and that you have successfully completed all courses on your degree plan. Your record will also be reviewed by the finance department and Financial Aid department (if applicable) to make sure there are no outstanding financial obligations to the University. The Office of Registrar will start the degree clearance process after all official grades are posted in the University system for the session.
- The minimum GPA required for graduating with an undergraduate degree is 2.0 and the grade of C or better in each course taken towards the degree.
- The minimum GPA required for graduating with a Master degree is 3.0 and the grade of B- or better in each course taken towards the degree.
- The minimum GPA required for graduating with a PhD degree is 3.0. and the grade of B or better in each course taken towards the degree (except dissertation continuation)
- Students who have a cumulative GPA of 3.4 through 3.59 will have the designation of Cum Laude.
- Students who have a cumulative GPA of 3.6 through 3.79 will have the designation of Magna Cum Laude.
- Students who have a cumulative GPA of 3.8 and above will have the designation of Summa Cum Laude.
4. When and how should I submit my request for degree clearance?
TUI’s Advisement team is monitoring your academic progress and will submit the request for degree clearance on your behalf. However, if your status in TUI's student system hasn’t been updated to "Pending Degree Audit" towards the end of your very last session at TUI, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. When and how will I know that I have completed all the requirements for my degree and am cleared to graduate?
The Office of the Registrar will keep you informed if anything is needed during the degree clearance process.
7. How do I request for a name change in TUI's system?
Please email your request along with one of below documents to email@example.com
- Copy of Driver’s License
- Copy of Social Security Card
- Copy of marriage certificate
- Copy of court order of name change
8. How do I receive my diploma?
All diplomas will be mailed to the primary address in your student record upon completion of degree clearance via priority mail. Please make sure to keep your primary address current.
10. When can I request for an official transcript that will reflect the completion of my degree?
You will receive a Program Completion Exit Survey as the very last step of degree clearance. Your degree clearance is complete upon receipt of the survey. Official transcripts may be requested at that time.
- Students who have completed their degree clearance are invited to participate the commencement.
- Bachelor and Master's degree students who will be within 8 semester credits (2 courses) of completing their degree program during the Summer session, will also be eligible to participate in the commencement.
- For Doctoral students, all requirements must be completed by June 15, in order to take part in the graduation commencement, including successful defense of the dissertation.
12. How do I order a duplicate copy of my diploma?
Duplicate copy of diploma can be requested online at https://sss.trident.edu for $30 per copy.
13. What should I do if I want to continue my education at Trident University?
To further your education at Trident University, please submit an application to the new program at https://sss.trident.edu (under "my application"), our admission specialist will assist you with the enrollment process.
14. Where do I get information about caps, gowns, invitations, photographs and commencement day activities?
Please refer to 'Graduation commencement' section of TUI's website for caps and gowns, invitations, photographs and commencement day activities
15. How can I updated my military records?
You may request an official transcript to be forwarded to your military branch. Please note that your official transcript will show degree completion information only after the degree clearance is complete. If you need verification of degree completion prior to degree clearance is complete, you may request a letter of verification via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
16. Does TUI have Alumni Association?
Please visit our alumni membership page to join the TUI Alumni Association.