Nicholas Nathaniel Bowersox
TUI e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal Commentary: “The whole art of teaching is the art of awakening the natural curiosity of young minds for the purpose of satisfying it afterwards.”
- Anatole France Education History: PhD; Business Administration
- Trident University International; Anticipated graduation date is 2011 MS
- Management; Minot State University; 2006 MBA
- Business Administration; Organizational Development; Upper Iowa University; 2004 BS; Business
- Financial Services & Human Resource Management (Dual Major); Wright State University; 2000
Name of Supervisor or Chair for Doctoral degree(s):
Dr. Indira Guzman
Dissertation (indexed searchable): The Effects of Technology Acceptance as a Mediating Variable Between Leadership Styles and Knowledge Management (approved proposal in place)
Teaching Interests/ Areas of Expertise (indexed searchable):
Teaching Interests: knowledge management, leadership, business management, organizational behavior, business statistics, operations management
Current TUI College: College of Business
knowledge management, leadership, contemporary management theories, adult education
- Research in Progress: Working Paper Title; description (indexed and searchable
- Working Paper Title; description (indexed and searchable) (max 10)
Published Articles; Conferences, Papers, Presentations & Workshops:
Book Chapters 1. Bowersox, N. Encouraging Participation in Virtual Communities of Practice within the United States Air Force. In John and JoAnn Girard (2010).
Social Knowledge: Using Social Media to Know What You Know by IGI Global. Hershey, PA.
2. Bowersox, N. Downsizing and building organizational memory: A paradoxical relationship between “brain-drain” and “brain-gain”. In John Girard (2009).
Building Organizational Memories: Will you Know what you Knew? by Idea Group Publishing. Santa Rosa, California.
3. Girard, J. & Bowersox, N. Leading knowledge: What do middle managers think? In Alex Koohang (2008). Knowledge Management: Research and Applications by Informing Science Press. Santa Rosa, California.
1. Bowersox, N. (2009, October). Downsizing and building organizational memory: A paradoxical relationship between “brain-drain” and “brain-gain”. Proceedings of the 2009 Institute of Behavioral and Applied Management (IBAM) conference, Washington, D.C.
2. Bowersox, N. & Guzman, I. (2007, October). How can leaders encourage participation in virtual communities of practice? Proceedings of the 2007 International Conference on Information Society (i-Society), Merrillville, IN.
3. Girard, J. & Bowersox, N. (2007, January). Leading knowledge: Does leadership make a difference? 2007 Applied Business Research Conference, Oahu, HI.
4. Bowersox, N. (2006, October). Literature review for the study of leadership and it’s positive impact on knowledge management (KM) in the organizational setting. Proceedings of the 2006 Institute of Behavioral and Applied Management (IBAM) conference, Memphis, TN.
Other Academic Interests: Personal Interests:
marathons, hiking, biking, disc golf, statistics
Honors and Awards:
- Minot State University Graduate School Citation for Excellence Award, 2007
- Graduated with honors (3.90 GPA) Minot State University, 2006
- Graduated with honors (4.00 GPA) Upper Iowa University, 2004
- Accepted into Sigma Iota Epsilon, Epsilon Lambda (an honorary management fraternity for students and professionals), 2000
- Wright State University Raj Soin College of Business Dean’s List, 2000, 1999, 1998
- The National Dean’s List, 1999
- Wright State University Charles H. Hewitt Memorial Scholarship, 1996
- Perrill Woods Memorial Scholarship, 1996
- Systems Research Laboratories Scholarship, 1996
- Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS) – Reviewer, 2011 - Present
- Served on Advisory Board for Social Knowledge: Using Social Media to Know What You Know, an edited book by John and JoAnn Girard – 2010. Reviewed book chapters for publication
- Served as Reviewer for Building Organizational Memories: Will you Know what you Knew?, an edited book by John Girard – 2009
- Eastern Academy of Management (EAM) – Reviewer, 2007 - Present
- Institute of Behavioral and Applied Management (IBAM) - Reviewer, 2006 - Present
- Academy of Management (AoM) – Reviewer, 2006 - Present
- Wright State University Raj Soin College of Business - Business Alumni Associates Committee, 2003 – 2007
Current Professional and Academic Affiliations or Memberships:
- American Statistical Association (ASA), 2009 - Present
- Adult Higher Education Association (AHEA), 2007 - Present
- Knowledge Management Professional Society (KMPro), 2007 - Present
- Academy of Management (AoM), 2005 – Present
- Institute of Behavioral and Applied Management (IBAM), 2005 - Present 6. Society for the Advancement of Management (SAM), 2005 – Present