Prepare to take the lead in our virtual classrooms and in your career. If you are ready to take this important next step, apply online now. An application fee of $75 (non-refundable) and documents specified below are required for all Ph.D. and Ed.D. applicants.
Take Command of Your Future at Trident
Subject to college or program-specific requirements, the following standard admissions requirements apply to all doctoral students:
- A conferred masters degree from an accredited college/university in related field
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 on the transcript of the most recently conferred masters degree (4.0 scale)
- Written and oral communication skills sufficient to conduct and deliver the results of meaningful research
- Sufficient analytical and critical thinking skills
- Information technology skills sufficient to effectively participate in our doctoral pedagogical model
- Proof of English proficiency (international students only)
- Transfer students: Review our transfer policy
If you have not earned a masters degree, you must also have:
- A conferred bachelors degree in a related field from an accredited college or university
- A minimum GPA of 3.6 on the transcript of the bachelors degree
Students applying to the Ed.D. program must have:
- A conferred masters degree in Education or a related field from an accredited college or university
- A minimum of three years of documented leadership experience
You will need to submit the following documents to complete the application process:
Official Transcripts Detailing all prior academic work, including transcript from the institution granting the qualifying bachelors or masters degree.
Official Evaluation of International Credits Students with international transcripts only.
Curriculum Vitae A current CV specifying your educational and professional background.
Scholarly Writing Sample Doctoral applicants are required to submit a scholarly writing sample evidencing their research and writing skills.
Cover Letter A letter in which you describe your motivation for pursuing a research based doctorate degree, your area of research interest and future goals. In addition, the letter should explain how your professional experiences and prior academic work have focused your thinking toward the planned doctoral program of study. It is recommended that applicants complete and submit the appropriate cover letter form:
Students applying to the Ed.D. degree program must also have: A letter of support from a current or past employer that documents your ability to conduct practitioner research.
Tuition cost for the Ed.D. program is:
|per credit||per course|
|Retired Military / Veteran / Partnership / And Their Immediate Family Members||$650||$2,600|
|Military & Immediate Family Members / Department of Defense Federal Civilian Employees||$625||$2,500|
|per credit||per course|
|Retired Military / Veteran / Partnership / And Their Immediate Family Members||$870||$3,480|
|Military & Immediate Family Members / Department of Defense Federal Civilian Employees||$800||$3,200|
- Bounced Check Fee: $30
- Course Material Fee: $0
- Diploma Copy: $30 (optional)
- Graduation Fee: $150
- Lab Fee: $59 (optional - for students enrolled in courses with a lab portion)
- Official Transcript Fee: $10 (rush fee $35)
- Other Expedited Shipping Fees: varies based on region
- Payment Plan Set-up Fee: $30 (non-refundable)
- Student ID Card: $10 (optional)
- Other fees may apply and are subject to change without advance notice.
The Trident Experience
Begin your journey today.