Dr. Carole Angolano
Part-time Faculty / Class of 2011 - Glenn R. Jones College of Business
Dr. Angolano is currently a Professor at Trident University International (CA) and Salve Regina University (R.I.), teaching courses related to Information Technology Security, Information Technology Management, Systems Development, Advanced Persistent Threats, Cyber Threat Analysis, and Cyber Threat Management. Dr. Angolano was a member of the Rhode Island Army National Guard for over 38 years and also worked in the information technology arena for 32 years as a full time Federal technician for the R.I. Army National Guard, Department of Defense. During this time she developed strong leadership, analytical, technical, and organizational skills.
She retired as a Chief Warrant Officer 5, serving as the Information Assurance Manager/Local Area Network Manager, Registration Authority, and COMSEC technician in Rhode Island and she also served as the Command Chief Warrant Officer for the state command. Her highest military awards are the Legion of Merit, Meritorious Service, and the Rhode Island Star.
Dr. Angolano graduated from Trident University International in 2011 with a Ph.D. BA with a concentration in Information Technology Security. She was published in the ACM SIGMIS in 2008 and 2012 and co-wrote a chapter in Cyber Security and Global Information Assurance (2009). Dr. Angolano is on a mission to educate students and citizens on how to protect their personal and professional identify in this highly technical and evolving world we live in.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Management
- Master of Science in Information Technology Management
- Ph.D. in Business Administration
- ACM SIGMIS in 2008
- ACM SIGMIS in 2012
- Cyber Security and Global Information Assurance (2009) (Co-author)
- ACM SIGMIS in 2008
- Status: Retired, U.S. Army
- Branch: U.S. Army
- Rank: Chief Warrant Officer 5
- Years: 38
- Accolades: Legion of Merit, Meritorious Service Medal, Rhode Island Star
- Legion of Merit
- Meritorious Service Medal
- Rhode Island Star
- National Guard Bureau Minuteman Award
- ACM: Association of Computing Machinery
- AAUW: American Association of University Woman
- CSI: Computer Security Institute
- IEEE: Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- IWLA: International Women’s Leadership Association
- NAPW: National Association of Professional Women
- USAWOA: U.S. Army Warrant Officers Association
- MOAA: Military Officer's Association of America
Dr. Angolano possesses extensive experience and proficiency in information assurance vulnerability assessments (IAVA) and patch/update management; MS Windows OS, MS Office, Adobe, Structural Equation Modeling (SEM) with Lisrel, PASW (formerly SPSS), Lotus forms, and extensive knowledge in PC hardware and software upgrades, rebuilds, and networking.
Dr. Angolano has been a professor at Trident University International since 2011 teaching numerous courses related to information technology security at the undergraduate, graduate, and post-graduate level.
Dr. Angolano has been a professor at Salve Regina University since 2012 teaching courses in cyber threat analysis, cyber threat management, and advanced persistent threats at the graduate level. She developed the courses for on-line and lecture under the Homeland Security and Administrative Justice division.