Dr. Corey Thomas
Part-time Faculty - Department of Information Systems
Dr. Corey H. Thomas is a Faculty Member in the College of Information Systems.
He holds a Doctorate of Business Administration from the University of Phoenix and a Master of Business Administration degree with an Information Technology Management concentration from Touro University International (Trident University International). He received a bachelor’s degree in Management of Human Resources from Faulkner University.
Dr. Thomas is a retired Senior Non-Commissioned Officer from the United States Air Force. He has been an active member of the Society of Human Resource Management, Academy of Management, Armed Forces Communication Electronics Association, and National Black MBA Association.
His research areas of interest include using information technology to mitigate bias factors within the workplace, Diversity in Workplace, Situational Leadership Theory, Effects of Micromanaging, and Business Operations in the Virtual Environment.
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Management
- Master of Science in Information Technology Management
- Thomas, C. H. (2010). Diversity Training Effects on Employment Practices: An Exploration of Information Technology Organizations. Paper presented at the 2010 Southwest Academy of Management Dallas, TX. (pending)
- Status: Veteran
- Branch: USAF
- Rank: MSgt
- Years: 20+
- Accolades: Meritorious Service Medal, AF Commendation Medal, Army Commendation Medal, AF Achievement Medal, Air Force Combat Readiness Medal, AF Good Conduct, National Defense Service Medal, Iraq Campaign Medal, Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
- Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Academy of Management
- Armed Forces Communication Electronics Association
- National Black MBA Association
He has led technicians in combat environments providing LAN/WAN access to users, Stood-up Quality Assurance departments, oversaw security/implementation of 1 of 2 mobile state-of-the art video intelligence suites in Department of Defense, and managed and distributed the workload while leading the activities of enhancing system standards and procedures for various network operations.