Dr. David M. Alegre
Part-time Faculty - College of Health and Human Services
Dr. David Alegre is a faculty member in the College of Health and Human Services. His childhood hometown, where he again lives, is near Prescott, Yavapai County of northern Arizona. He served in the Army for 30 years, spanning the post-Vietnam Cold War era and the present Global War on Terror. He served on staff in mechanized infantry, light infantry, and special forces units and a defense agency; and commanded Chemical Corps and psychological operations units. Dr. Alegre’s Army service was in locations including Colorado, Texas, Alabama, Alaska, North Carolina; Northern Virginia / Washington, D.C. area, Hawaii, Turkey, Korea, Panama, Haiti, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Bosnia, Kosovo, Antarctica, Iraq, and Afghanistan. He retired in 2004 and again in 2012 after being recalled into service.
Dr. Alegre is also a Faculty Lead in Columbia Southern University’s College of Business, and is retired from Battelle Memorial Institute, where he was a contractor in support of the Departments of Defense and Homeland Security. His civilian education includes a Bachelor of Science degree from the United States Military Academy at West Point, a Master of Science degree in International Relations from Troy State University, a Master of Business Administration degree from Liberty University, and a Doctorate of Management in Organizational Leadership from the University of Phoenix. He pursued that particular doctorate to further his own understanding and growth in the field of leadership/management of governmental and institutional organizations.
Dr. Alegre’s volunteering activities are with Civil Air Patrol for search and rescue (back in uniform again), and the Sharlot Hall Museum as portraying a 19th century Army lieutenant colonel stationed at Fort Whipple, Arizona.
- Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Homeland Security
- Master of Science in Homeland Security
- Status: Veteran
- Branch: Army
- Rank: Lt. Colonel
- Years: 1981-2004; 2006-2012
- Accolades: Legion of Merit; Bronze Star (2 awards); Meritorious Service and Commendation Medals; Ranger Tab; Master Parachutist Badge; Combat Action Badge.
- U.S. Army Chemical Corps Association Order of the Dragon (2003) / Ancient Order (2005)
- U.S. Army Artillery / Air Defense Artillery's Order of Saint Barbara (2010)
- 3rd U.S. Cavalry's Order of the Combat Spur (2011)
- Induction into Delta Mu Delta international business honor society (2012)
- Civil Air Patrol (U.S. Air Force Auxiliary) (2013 - present)
Dr. Alegre studied global history during his years of military service and while on-site at many locations where historical events occurred. His military service, which included WMD defense and psychological operations specialties, included living across the U.S. and in 33 countries, as well as both polar regions and in all five oceans. As a volunteer, he joined the Civil Air Patrol and is commander of Prescott Squadron 206, Arizona Wing, and also serves as its logistician and assistant emergency services officer.