Dr. David Hyson
Part-time Faculty - Department of Information Systems
Dr. David Hyson serves as an adjunct faculty in the MSITM and BSITM programs, College of Information Systems, at Trident University International. He retired after over the 21 years in the United States Air Force. Additionally, he has over 7 years as a federal Warranted Contracting Officer over Information Technology contracts. His doctoral research focused on Factors influencing the adoption of cloud computing by medical facility managers. Dr. Hyson has been an active member of the Environmental Protection Agency Acquisition Council (EPAC) and served on the EPAC primary council member for EPA’s Region 6.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Management
- Master of Science in Information Technology Management
- Hyson, D. (2014). Factors influencing the adoption of cloud computing by medical facility managers DOI. (Doctoral dissertation), ProQuest Dissertations and Theses database (UMI No. 3670194).
- Status: Retired
- Branch: United States Air Force
- Rank: MSgt
- Years: 21
As a regional Warranted Contracting Officer. Dr. Hyson provided critical oversight of IT contract administration for several ongoing and complex design and construction contracts. Provided technical review and coordination for formal solicitations for bids, contractual language for contracts, and clearance procedures. Oversaw payments for completed phases of multi-year IT contracts to assure the timelines are met to prevent additional costs. Performed market research, reviews specifications and statements of work, and reviewed acquisition milestone plans. In addition, Dr. Hyson has a Federal Acquisition Certification in Contracting (FAC-C) and Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) certification.