Dr. James D Young
Part-time Faculty - Glenn R. Jones College of Business
Dr. Young has served as a Vice President, managing a worldwide program offering graduate and undergraduate degrees. He has managed an educational system involving over 400 faculty and staff, a multi-million dollar budget, and over 9,000 students. Previously, he served in the federal government, accumulated over 22 years experience in ever increasing levels of management, pursued 4 graduate degrees, was assigned 4 years as a faculty member at the prestigious Air War College, and taught over 40 years as a part-time college instructor in all areas of education, management, and economics. Dr. Young has developed specific skills and taught federal planning, programming, and budgeting systems.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Human Resource Management
- General Education
- Authored, "Use of a Mentor," Concepts for Air Force Leadership, Air University, Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama, 1990--2002
- Presented paper, "Managing Education Programs at a Distance," National Convention, American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education,
- Presented paper, "Quality Off-Campus Programs for the Military," at the Quality Campus Credit Programs Conference, Kansas State program, Washington, D. C.
- Status: Veteran
- Branch: U.S. Air Force
- Rank: Colonel (ret)
- Years: 22
- Accolades: Legion of Merit, Meritorious Service Medal (4 times), Air Force Commendation Medal (twice), Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon, Armed Forces Reserve Medal, Air Force Longevity Service Ribbon (5 times), National Defense Service Medal, Vietnam Service Medal (3 times), Air Force Presidential Unit Citation, Air Force Outstanding Unit Award (4 times), Republic of Vietnam Gallantry Cross (twice), Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal, Air Force Overseas Long Tour Service Ribbon.
Colonel in U.S. Air Force--primarily in the HR field