Dr. Jimmie Flores
Part-time Faculty - Glenn R. Jones College of Business
In 2000, I decided to pursue an online degree. I was employed at USAA, but desired to continue my education. Given my work and family responsibilities, I was unable to attend a brick-and-mortar institution.
Online learning provides working professionals with an excellent opportunity to pursue a college degree. I enjoyed the flexibility of a virtual education. I was able to find the right university with the right degree program. I learned that online universities offered accredited and rigorous programs. After earning my PhD via distance learning, many career employment opportunities have arisen.
In 2006, I wrote a book for online learners, How to Become a Proficient Online Learner. Today, I’m an advocate for distance learning, continually sharing the positive impact this learning modality had on my career.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Management
- Bachelor of Science in Human Resource Management
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Health Administration
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
- Master of Science in Human Resource Management
- Master of Science in Information Technology Management
- Red, Yellow, or Green: Which Kind of Leader Are You? Nonprofit World (2011)
- Nonprofits get a Wake-up Callin the Financial Crisis, Nonprofit World (2010).
- How to Become a Proficient Online Learner: Powerful and Proven Strategies Designed To Help You Earn a 4.0 GPA (2004).