Dr. Virginia Johnson
Part-time Faculty - Glenn R. Jones College of Business
My name is Dr. Virginia Johnson. I am very happy to be a part of this dynamic educational institution. I prefer to go by my nickname of Ginger.
I obtained my bachelor’s degree in Business Management. I immediately went on to earn my Master’s degree in Organizational Management. I continued my educational pursuit in a Ph.D. program in Organization and Management.
I have worked in higher education since 1993, holding a variety of positions from Financial Aid, Admissions Director, and College Instructor. I enjoy teaching the most and that is where I have dedicated my attention since 2001. Teaching is my passion and I thoroughly enjoy the online teaching environment. I enjoy the online environment because it gives each of us a chance to participate in our discussions while also allowing each of us the freedom to attend class at our own convenience. Online also allows for me to get to know each student on an academic level that is often unobtainable in the on-ground classroom.
I am married to my high school sweetheart and I have two grown children. I also have three grandchildren…two girls and a boy. I love being a Grandmother. Having special time with my grandchildren is very rewarding.
In my spare time, I love to read mystery novels, and scrap book. I usually have at least two books and two scrapping projects going all the time.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Leadership
- Barriers to enrollment, admissions, and retention for international students in the U.S. postsecondary education system.
- Ethics and Leadership in Education-AACRAO
- Ethics and Leadership in Education - AACRAO - March 2004
- Organizational Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Virtual Teams and Team Collaboration
- Mentoring and Coaching Employees