Chante Lindeman – MBA in Human Resource Management (Alumna)
Pursue your education in the growing human resource field with the online Master of Science in Human Resource Management (MSHRM) at Trident University International. Our online masters program in human resource management allows students to earn their graduate degrees while working full time and attending to other responsibilities. This flexibility and convenience combined with high-quality academics and an affordable price make Trident a superior choice for most students. In our 100% online program, you will:
- Gain experience in the field of human resource management.
- Develop foundational skills essential for good business practice.
- Learn how to evaluate employee performance and to collect, measure, and evaluate human resource system data.
- Become adept at integrating and aligning human resource policy and practice to an organization’s strategic goals.
- Work with our outstanding and diverse faculty members that will share the wisdom of a wide breadth of professional experiences with you.
- Become part of an extensive student body and connect with other students in your field that are passionate about furthering their education.
Online Human Resource Masters Program Overview
Designed according to the standards of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), this online masters degree program uses a case-based approach that focuses on preparing students for real-world application. You'll develop the systems knowledge and critical thinking skills to become a strategic partner in the operational management of any organization.
The Master of Science in Human Resource Management (MSHRM) prepares adult learners to implement and lead talent management programs nationally and globally. Students acquire a business foundation while developing in-depth knowledge of the strategic importance of HRM contributing to organizational goals. Usacing an applied, evidence-based approach, the program is intended for all adults who either work or aspire to work in the field of HRM.
In addition, anyone working in management will benefit from knowing how human resource practices such as talent recruitment, talent development, performance management, and employee compensation can contribute to the effectiveness of day-today operations as well as achieving strategic goals. Upon program completion, graduates will be prepared to design and implement effective HR systems to achieve well-defined business outcomes.
See the Trident Catalog for full descriptions of all program course offerings.
This journey has been amazing for me. The flexibility has been awesome. The Trident University culture embraces everyone. They afford any and everyone the opportunity to move forward in your education.Dennis W., BSBA / MSHRM / MSL
By the end of this MSHRM degree program, graduates should be able to:
- Apply up to date human resource management knowledge to systems, processes, and procedures consistent with the strategic direction of the organization.
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communications at all levels of the organization.
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data to promote findings that support human resource management initiatives and sound business decisions.
- Retrieve and critically evaluate library, internet, and professional association resources to
- Generate a strategic systems perspective to improve, integrate, and align human resource management goals with the organization's overall strategy.
- Evaluate and integrate cultural, and/or global perspectives to human resource management.
- Analyze complex human resource situations, integrate ethical decision making, and evaluate alternative solutions to problems.
Your courses at Trident will be relevant and motivating. As an MS in Human Resource Management student, you will take a variety of classes, including Legal Implications in Human Resource; Staffing, Performance Management and Training; and Employment and Labor Relations. You must complete a total of 36 semester credits of program core and elective coursework. See the Trident Catalog for full descriptions of all course offerings.
Graduate certificates require four courses (16 credits) or six courses (24 credits), depending on the specific certificate, and include programs such as:
- Conflict Resolution Management
- Emergency and Disaster Management
- Emergency and Disaster Management - Logistics
- Health Education
- Homeland Security
- Human Resource Management
- Information Assurance and Cybersecurity Management
- Instructional Systems Specialist
- Strategic Leadership
- Supply Chain Management
See the Trident University Catalog for full descriptions of all graduate certificate course offerings.
Subject to additional college-or program-specific admissions requirements, the following standard admissions requirements apply:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university.
- Cumulative minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Certificate-seeking students must provide official transcripts of all prior academic work, including military transcripts.
- Masters degree students are required to provide official transcripts from the institution granting the undergraduate degree.
- Academic entrance exams, such as GRE, MAT or GMAT, are not required for admission.
- International students must provide proof of English proficiency (see Trident Catalog for details).
The following standard transfer policies apply:
- Transfer students are required to provide official transcripts of all prior academic work without exception.
- Prior academic work will be articulated during the admission process.
- All courses, whether applied to a program or program elective in transfer will be posted to the student's permanent record.
- Transfer credits will not be included in the calculation of overall GPA.
- Graduate coursework submitted for transfer must have been completed within the prior seven years unless the content is deemed outdated or no longer equivalent or relevant by Trident.
- Trident may accept for transfer to the masters degree up to 30% of graduate level credits from other accredited colleges or universities. All transferred course credits must have a GPA of 3.0 or better.
Tuition cost for the masters program:
|tuition type||per credit||per course||per year*|
|Retired Military / Veteran / And Their Immediate Family Members**||$425.25||$1,701||$7,654.5|
|Military & Immediate Family Members / Department of Defense Federal Civilian Employees**||$325||$1,300||$5,850|
|Active Duty, National Guard and Reserve U.S Military Service Members**||$250||$1,000||$4,500|
*Assumes no transfer credit and that student in a 36 credit program enrolls in an average of 18 credits per year for 2 years.
**Tuition per credit represented with applicable military grant applied.
- Books and Supplies: $0
- Course Materials: $0
- Diploma Copy: $30 (optional)
- Food, Housing, and Transportation: N/A
- Graduation Fee: $150
- Official Transcript: $10
- Other Expedited Shipping Fees: varies based on region
- Payment Plan Set-up: $35-$55 (non-refundable)
- Student ID Card: $10 (optional)
- Technology Fee: $0
- Other fees may apply and are subject to change without advance notice.
Seeking more information on the cost of attending Trident University International? Visit Trident's Financial Aid Resources page where you will find financial aid tools including Trident's Net Price Calculator and Shopping Sheet, a guide to assist in early financial planning for college.
Want to save time & money on your degree? Receive credit for eligible past experience and military service with Trident Fastrac. Click here to learn more.
Faces of Trident
"Trident changed my life. It set me on a path where I said I can do hard things." Meet William Christensen, MBA in Strategic Leadership.
Meet Our Faculty
Our online faculty helps students build their expertise through intensive coursework and outstanding learning experiences.