Take your leadership abilities to the next level with the online Master of Science in Leadership (MSL) at Trident. In our 100% online masters program, you will:
- Learn to approach problems in an innovative, visionary, and transformative manner, a mindset that is highly needed in the 21st Century.
- Obtain expertise in all facets of organizational leadership.
- Improve your oral and written communication skills.
- Gain skills in ethical and logical decision-making.
- Join and engage with other current and future leaders in our online classrooms and communities.
- Work closely with brilliant faculty that possesses a wide range of experiences, backgrounds, and research foci.
Online Masters in Leadership Program Overview
Founded on leadership values of personal integrity, organizational ethics, and service to others, this high-quality online masters degree program uses the most current leadership theory, best practices, and organizational case studies to promote learning. It is designed to meet the diverse and multi-faceted challenges faced in organizational leadership roles.
Offered in a convenient web-based setting, the masters program in leadership allows students to earn their graduate degree while employed. This allows them to further their education without pausing their career progress. Trident also offers monthly course starts that ensure students have access to the classes they need to fulfill requirements whenever they are ready to take them.
See the Trident University International Catalog for full descriptions of all program course offerings.
Trident University changed my life. And I can set an example for my soldiers, my employees, and most importantly my kids; that education is the key to getting what you want.William C., MBA Class of 2014
Upon successful completion of their program, graduates should be able to:
- Demonstrate mastery of contemporary leadership theories through application and practice.
- Utilize critical thinking to evaluate the interdependencies of organizational systems at various levels, including its people, structures, culture, and tasks, to optimally guide decision-making.
- Demonstrate ethical and reasoned decision-making and action in all facets of organizational leadership.
- Lead by promoting diversity, inclusion, and trust, while ensuring leadership accountability and organizational sustainability.
- Lead an organization through transformative change while working to adapt to the complex challenges that exist within the internal organization and the external environment.
- Apply information literacy and independent research skills to make sound decisions.
- Utilize oral and written communication skills to develop and deliver persuasive presentations.
Your courses at Trident will be relevant and inspiring. As an MS in Leadership student, you will take a variety of classes, including Organizational Change and Transformation, Mentoring and Developing Employees, and Leadership of Teams.
You must complete 32 semester credits of program core coursework and four credits of elective coursework for a total of 36 semester credit hours. See the Trident University Catalog for full descriptions of all course offerings.
- Conflict Resolution Management
- Emergency and Disaster Management
- Emergency and Disaster Management - Logistics
- Health Education
- Homeland Security
- Human Resource Management
- Information Assurance and Cybersecurity Management
- Instructional Systems Specialist
- Strategic Leadership
- Supply Chain Management
See the Trident University Catalog for full descriptions of all graduate certificate course offerings.
Subject to additional college-or program-specific admissions requirements, the following standard admissions requirements apply:
- You are responsible for submitting a complete application package, including the online application form listing all prior institutions attended.
- You are required to have official transcripts on file with Trident to receive proper evaluation of transfer credits and a decision on admission to the University.
- An official transcript from the institution granting the qualifying bachelors degree or the most recent masters degree.
- Masters degree students are required to provide official transcripts from the institution granting the undergraduate degree.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on the transcript of the most recently conferred bachelors or masters degree.
- Academic entrance exams, such as GRE, MAT or GMAT, are not required for admission.
- International students must provide proof of English proficiency (see Trident University Catalog for details).
The following standard transfer policies apply:
- Credits are considered for transfer from:
- Any regionally or nationally accredited college or university
- The American Council on Education (ACE)
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- The DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSST/DANTES)
- The Council for Adult and Experiential Learning (CAEL)
- Other non-traditional forms of learning as deemed appropriate by College Deans or designees
- Decisions on the transfer of credits are ultimately at the discretion of the College Deans or designees. Students may formally appeal transfer decisions to the Provost or designee.
- Appeals must be submitted in writing and must be accompanied by supporting documentation or evidence such as a course syllabus.
- Students are urged to review the specific policy statement applicable to each degree program regarding maximum transferable credits to the program and concentration, or both.
- Transfer credits will not be included in the calculation of overall GPA.
- Graduate coursework submitted for transfer must have been completed within the prior seven years unless the content is deemed outdated or no longer equivalent or relevant by Trident.
- Trident may accept for transfer to the masters degree up to 20% of graduate level credits from other accredited colleges or universities. All transferred courses must have a minimum grade of “B-” or better.
Transfer students can review the full transfer credit policy in the Trident Catalog.
Tuition cost for the masters program:
|tuition type||per credit||per course||per year*|
|Retired Military / Veteran / And Their Immediate Family Members**||$425.25||$1,701||$7,654.5|
|Military & Immediate Family Members / Department of Defense Federal Civilian Employees**||$325||$1,300||$5,850|
- Books and Supplies: $0
- Bounced Check Fee: $30
- Course Materials: $0
- Diploma Copy: $30 (optional)
- Food, Housing, and Transportation: N/A
- Graduation Fee: $150
- Official Transcript: $10 (rush fee $35)
- Other Expedited Shipping Fees: varies based on region
- Payment Plan Set-up: $35-$55 (non-refundable)
- Student ID Card: $10 (optional)
- Technology Fee: $0
- Other fees may apply and are subject to change without advance notice.
Seeking more information on the cost of attending Trident University? Visit Trident’s Financial Aid Resources page where you will find financial aid tools including Trident’s Net Price Calculator and Shopping Sheet, a guide to assist in early financial planning for college.
Get Started Today – Apply Now!
Faces of Trident
``Trident changed my life. It set me on a path where I said I can do hard things.`` Meet William Christensen, MBA in Strategic Leadership.
Meet Your MSL Faculty
Our online masters faculty members are well-rounded and committed to helping students advance their knowledge, research, and careers.