Your Bill of Rights and considerations prior to enrollment
Military Bill of Rights
Know Your Military Student Bill of Rights
All military student populations have basic rights to satisfactory college marketing, admissions, and student services practices including the right to:
- Accurate information about a school’s programs, requirements, accreditation, and its potential impact on course transferability.
- Access basic college/university information and fees without disclosure of student personal information.
- Educational planning and career guidance without high-pressure registration and enrollment efforts from institutions.
- A clear and complete explanation of course/program enrollment procedures and all resulting financial obligations.
- Explore, without coercion, all financial aid options before signing up for student loans or other financial assistance.
- Accurate scholarship information, free of misleading ‘scholarship’ offers based on military tuition assistance.
- Appropriate academic screening and course placement based on student readiness.
- Appropriate, accessible academic and student support services.
- Clearly defined institutional “drop ⁄ add” and withdrawal policies and procedures including information about the impact of military duties (e.g., mobilization, activation, temporary duty assignments) on their academic standing and financial responsibilities.