- About Trident Military
- Active Duty
- Military Family & Education
- Military FAQ
- Military Resources
Know Your Military Student Bill of Rights
As part of our commitment to service-members, Trident University observes the Service-members Opportunity Colleges (SOC) Military Student Bill of Rights. Approved by the SOC Advisory Board on October 16, 2007, these rights focus on fair and honest recruiting, marketing, and student services practices.
Military Student Bill of Rights
All military student populations have basic rights to satisfactory college marketing, admissions, and student services practices including the right to:
- Accurate information about a school’s programs, requirements, accreditation, and its potential impact on course transferability.
- Access basic college/university information and fees without disclosure of student personal information.
- Educational planning and career guidance without high-pressure registration and enrollment efforts from institutions.
- A clear and complete explanation of course/program enrollment procedures and all resulting financial obligations.
- Explore, without coercion, all financial aid options before signing up for student loans or other financial assistance.
- Accurate scholarship information, free of misleading ‘scholarship’ offers based on military tuition assistance.
- Appropriate academic screening and course placement based on student readiness.
- Appropriate, accessible academic and student support services.
- Clearly defined institutional “drop ⁄ add” and withdrawal policies and procedures including information about the impact of military duties (e.g., mobilization, activation, temporary duty assignments) on their academic standing and financial responsibilities.
To order a copy of the Military Student Bill of Rights, or for any other information, contact:
Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC)
1307 New York Avenue, NW
Fifth Floor Washington, DC 20005-4701
Phone: 202-667-0079 800-368-5622