Kenneth J. McQuiston
Hall of Distinguished Alumni - Class of 2011
Chief Master Sgt (Ret) Kenneth J. McQuiston is the former Command Senior Enlisted Leader, United States Transportation Command, Scott Air Force Base, Ill. He served as the principal advisor to the Combatant Commander for all matters concerning joint force integration, career development, utilization and sustainment of more than 150,000 enlisted personnel serving the headquarters and USTRANSCOM’s air, land and sea components throughout the world.
Chief McQuiston entered the Air Force in April 1982. After completing basic military training and technical training, he served in various administrative and personnel management positions at squadron, wing and major command levels. His experience includes serving as the special assistant to a major command commander and senior enlisted advisor serving as the sole personnel manager for enlisted matters. He also served as a military personnel flight superintendent servicing more than 15,000 Airmen and their families, a major command senior officer management superintendent responsible for career management of more than 500 colonels and 40 active-duty, Air National Guard and Air Force Reserve general officers. Prior to his current assignment, he served as the command chief master sergeant at the wing, numbered air force, and deployed area of operations supporting Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan.
- Status: U.S. Air Force Veteran
- Branch: U.S Air Force
- Rank: Chief Master Sergeant (Retired)
- Years: 1982-2009
- Defense Superior Service Medal
- Bronze Star Medal
- Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
- Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
- Air Force Achievement Medal
- Joint Meritorious Unit Award with one oak leaf cluster
- Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with Valor and silver oak leaf cluster
- Afghanistan Campaign Medal with Bronze Star
- Global War on Terror Expeditionary Medal
- Global War on Terror Service Medal
- 1985 Promotion to Senior Airman Below-the-Zone
- 1991 436th Airlift Wing Personnel Manager of the Year
- 1992 436th Airlift Wing Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
- 1992 21st Air Force Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
- 1992 STEP promotion to Technical Sergeant
- 1993 Distinguished Graduate, McGuire NCO Academy
- 1994 STEP promotion to Master Sergeant
- 1999 Air Mobility Command Personnel Superintendent of the Year
- 2010 Certified Illinois Middle & High School Substitute Teacher
- 2010 Published Writer and Motivational Speaker
- Noncommissioned Officer Preparatory Course, McGuire AFB, N.J.
- Noncommissioned Officer Leadership School, McGuire AFB, N.J.
- Noncommissioned Officer Academy, McGuire AFB, N.J. (Distinguished Graduate)
- Associate’s degree, personnel management, Community College of the Air Force
- Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Gunter AFB, Ala.
- Joint Warfighter Capstone, Suffolk, Va.
- USAF Senior Leadership course, Center for Creative Leadership, San Diego, Calif.
- USAF Gettysburg Senior Leadership Development course, Gettysburg, Pa.
- Keystone Senior Enlisted Leader Joint Studies Course, National Defense University, Ft McNair, Va.