Grievance Procedure

Internal Process

  1. First, exhaust all efforts to informally resolve the grievance.
  2. If the student's grievance is still unresolved and they wish to escalate the issue, access the Complaint Resolution System (CRS) link via the Student Portal.
    1. The Complaint Resolution System (CRS) is designed to provide quick and decisive resolution of grievances.
    2. Please do not use the CRS for general questions or to request assistance from University departments such as Student Advising , Finance, IT or Registrar.
  3. After it is received, your complaint will be forwarded to the appropriate university personnel for investigation and resolution.
  4. Students will receive a response once the review is complete.

Complaints to External Agencies

If students are unable to resolve their concerns through the internal Grievance Procedure, they may also pursue the grievance through the external regulators listed below. Although students are encouraged to begin the process with the Ombudsman, there is nothing which prevents a student from submitting a complaint to these agencies before submitting the concern through the University’s grievance procedure. Be advised, however, that certain agencies may require this as part of their process.

State Regulatory Agencies

State of Arizona: If the complaint cannot be resolved after exhausting the institution’s grievance procedure, the student may file a complaint with the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education 1740 West Adams Street, Suite 3008, Phoenix, AZ 85007, phone# 602-542-5709,

Arizona SARA Complaint Process: Trident is a member of the American InterContinental University System, which is approved by NC-SARA through the Arizona SARA Council (“AZ SARA”). AZ SARA has jurisdiction over Arizona SARA-approved institutions in relation to non-instructional complaints. Instructional complaints, such as grade grievances, and those related to student conduct are not reviewed by AZ SARA and should not be submitted for review. Distance education students who reside in SARA states (currently all but California) may file a complaint with AZ SARA only after the student has first utilized the University’s grievance process and the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education’s complaint process. Eligible complaints may be submitted to AZ-SARA at

Accrediting Agency

Complaints may be filed with the Higher Learning Commission, 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500; Chicago, IL 60604;


Students who receive military tuition assistance or veterans benefits may submit complaints to the Postsecondary Education Complaint System, the VA hot line or the GI Bill® School Feedback Tool | Veterans Affairs (

Frequently Asked Questions

Although students may utilize the Complaint Resolution System to submit their concerns, most common inquiries can be resolved by reviewing the following frequently asked questions.

I requested my transcript and still have not received it. When can I expect it?

Typically, transcript requests are processed within three to five business days from receipt of the order in Parchment. If you feel you should have received your transcript by now, please email to follow up on your request.

Why do I have a return balance?

Please contact a student finance advisor for more information. To determine your student finance advisor please go to

When will my financial aid come in?

Disbursements will be released after add/drop of the awarded session, if all the following requirements are met: Payment Period Enrollment, Satisfactory Academic Progress and Academic Activity (see Academic Activity Requirements below). In addition, first time undergraduate student borrowers will be required to wait 30 days before receiving their first student loan disbursement.

Academic Activity Requirements

Prior to receiving the first disbursement of aid:

  • First time undergraduate students at Trident must demonstrate academic activity for all Case, SLP and Discussion Post assignments within Modules 1 and 2, as well as receive a passing grade or higher in both Case and SLP assignments.
  • Graduate and Doctoral students must demonstrate academic activity and receive a passing grade in a Case or Session Long Project (SLP) assignment.

Prior to receiving subsequent disbursements:

  • Undergraduate and Graduate students must demonstrate academic activity and receive a passing grade in a Case or Session Long Project assignment.
  • Doctoral students must demonstrate academic activity in a Case or Session Long Project assignment and are not subject to the grading requirement.

I am doing my MPN and I cannot find Trident in the list of schools. Where should I look?

When logging onto to complete the Master Promissory Note (MPN), it is important that you choose American InterContinental University System, Chandler, AZ.

Why can I not move forward from ISIR status (step 9) on the Trident FA Application?

You will also not be able to complete full Trident FA app on the portal until 72 hours after you have completed the FAFSA and Trident receives the ISIR.

I am completing my Trident FA app, but I am stuck on the second step. What should I do?

If you are using a mobile device or Safari browser on a Mac, you will need to use a different browser or laptop/desktop computer. If you are using Mac, we suggest using Google Chrome.

How can I dispute the grade I received for my last course(s)?

The University has a grade appeal policy and procedure. Please refer to the University Catalog for more information.