- Email: Jimmie.Flores@trident.edu
Dr. Jimmie Flores
Part-time Faculty - Glenn R. Jones College of Business
In 2000, Dr. Jimmie Flores decided to pursue an online degree. He was employed at USAA, but desired to continue his education. Given his work and family responsibilities, he was unable to attend a brick-and-mortar institution.
Online learning provides working professionals with an excellent opportunity to pursue a college degree. Dr. Flores enjoyed the flexibility of a virtual education. He was able to find the right university with the right degree program. Dr. Flores learned that online universities offered accredited and rigorous programs. After earning his Ph.D. via distance learning, many career employment opportunities have arisen for him.
In 2006, Dr. Flores wrote a book for online learners, How to Become a Proficient Online Learner. Today, he is an advocate for distance learning, continually sharing the positive impact this learning modality had on his career.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Management
- Bachelor of Science in Human Resource Management
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Health Administration
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
- Master of Science in Human Resource Management
- Master of Science in Information Technology Management
- Red, Yellow, or Green: Which Kind of Leader Are You? Nonprofit World (2011).
- Nonprofits get a Wake-up Call in the Financial Crisis, Nonprofit World (2010).
- How to Become a Proficient Online Learner: Powerful and Proven Strategies Designed To Help You Earn a 4.0 GPA (2004).
Areas of Expertise
Dr. Flores’ areas of expertise include:
- Online Learning
- Human and Organizational Systems
- Information Systems and Technology
- Corporate Financial Management
- DBA in Information Systems and Technology - University of Phoenix (2009)
- MA in Human and Organizational Systems - Fielding Graduate University (2006)
- MS in Management - Regis University (2006)
- BBA in Corporate Financial Management - St. Mary University (1990)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)
- Global Professional in Human Resources (GPHR)
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)