- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. James Hodges
Part-time Faculty - College of Education
Dr. Hodges is the most engaging professor I have had at Trident University, and I am on my third degree here. Dr. Hodges inspired me to improve my writing skills by providing me with detailed feedback. Dr. Hodges was actively engaged with all students through our discussions posts. Dr. Hodges took the online teaching tools a step further by providing real world examples, asking our thoughts and opinions, and then posting what the final outcome was in the real situation. What an amazing way to see what we are learning applied to actual situations in schools. I am very grateful for being a part of Dr. Hodges class and hope that I am able to benefit from his teaching style in future courses. Kristine, EDU506, June 2019
- Master of Arts in Education
- Doctor of Education (Ed.D.)
- February, 2014 Transforming Colleges, Communities, and Classrooms through Cooperative Learning (Orlando, FL; National Achieving the Dream Strategy Institute).
- March, 2012 - Transforming Colleges and Classrooms through Active, Cooperative Learning (Philadelphia, PA; League of Innovations Conference).
- February, 201Planning the Perfect Cooperative Learning Training (Charleston, WV; West Virginia Community and Technical College System).
Areas of Expertise
Dr. Hodges’s areas of expertise include:
- Educational leadership
- Educational administration
- Patrick Henry Community College (August 2004-present)
- Dean of Academic Success and College Transfer (2011-present)
- Assistant Dean of Arts, Science, and Business Technology (2007-2011)
- Assistant Professor of Education Assisting (2004-2007)
- Martinsville City Schools (Druid Hills Elementary); August 1994-July 2004 - 2nd and 3rd grade teacher
- Ph.D. in Educational Leadership - Trident University International (2013)
- MA in Educational Leadership (2007)
- MA in Biblical Studies - Bethany Theological Seminary (2000)
- BA in Elementary Education & Theatre & Speech - College of William and Mary (1993)
Honors & Awards
- Trident Teaching Excellence Award