- Email: email@example.com
Dr. Carlton Lewis
Part-time Faculty - College of Health and Human Services
I was a police officer from 1989-2006, during which time I held the ranks of Police Officer, Senior Police Officer and Police Corporal. Additional responsibilities included followup investigations, applicant background investigations, academy cadet mentor, and station commander.
While a police officer I was responsible for: the development of the police canine unit, radio traffic modification (signal codes), adoption of patrol rifles, development of organizational recruiting material, conceptual planning for closing the city jail and converting it to a secure evidence storage location, and the installation of secure prisoner compartment for police vehicles.
Trident University allows me to provide instruction in a platform that assists others in preparing their paths to better vocational and community experiences Dr. Analisa Smith
- Bachelor of Science in Homeland Security
- Master of Science in Homeland Security
Honors & Awards
- Excellence in Teaching Award, NC Wesleyan Colleg (2011)
- Excellence in Teaching Award, National Society for Leadership and Success (2011)
- Alumni Achievement Award, NC Wesleyan College (2011)
- Recognized by the US Army for teaching / leadership excellence. Nominated and Subsequently invited to the Army's LDAC (Leader Development and Assessment Course) in Washington state. Only a small number of colleges / universities nationwide have faculty that are nominated for this program. From this group an even smaller number are invited to attend: Dr Lewis received invitations in 2011 and 2012.
- City managers FOCUS Community Service Award for Ultimate Service to the community. While still a police officer (1989-2006), Dr Lewis earned this award (the highest award that anyone could earn in recognition for services to the city that he worked for).
- As a police officer Dr Lewis earned the Advanced Law Enforcement Certification, Service Award, and Community Service Ribbons.
Areas of Expertise
Dr. Keifer's area of expertise include:
- Police liability
- Police administration
- High speed pursuits
- Use of force
- Search and seizure
- Doctorate in Business Admin: Criminal Justice
- Masters in Criminal Justice
- BS in Criminal Justice
- 1600 + hours in professional criminal justice / law enforcement training