- Email: email@example.com
Dr. Corey Thomas
Part-time Faculty - Department of Information Systems
Dr. Corey H. Thomas is a Faculty Member in the College of Information Systems.
He holds a Doctorate of Business Administration from the University of Phoenix and a Master of Business Administration degree with an Information Technology Management concentration from Touro University International (Trident University International). He received a bachelor’s degree in Management of Human Resources from Faulkner University.
Dr. Thomas is a retired Senior Non-Commissioned Officer from the United States Air Force. He has been an active member of the Society of Human Resource Management, Academy of Management, Armed Forces Communication Electronics Association, and National Black MBA Association.
His research areas of interest include using information technology to mitigate bias factors within the workplace, Diversity in Workplace, Situational Leadership Theory, Effects of Micromanaging, and Business Operations in the Virtual Environment.
Know that life is not fair and that you will fail often, but if you take some risks, step up when the times are toughest, face down the bullies, lift up the downtrodden and never, ever give up—if you do these things, then next generation and the generations that follow will live in a world far better than the one we have today Dr. Corey Thomas
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Management
- Master of Science in Information Technology Management
- Thomas, C. H. (2010). Diversity Training Effects on Employment Practices: An Exploration of Information Technology Organizations. Paper presented at the 2010 Southwest Academy of Management Dallas, TX. (pending).
- Status: Veteran
- Branch: USAF
- Rank: MSgt
- Years: 20+
- Meritorious Service Medal
- AF Commendation Medal
- Army Commendation Medal
- AF Achievement Medal
- Air Force Combat Readiness Medal
- AF Good Conduct
- National Defense Service Medal
- Iraq Campaign Medal
- Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
- Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
- Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Academy of Management
- Armed Forces Communication Electronics Association
- National Black MBA Association
Areas of Expertise
Dr. Thomas's areas of expertise include:
- Technology Management in Organizations
- SWOT Analysis/Business Planning
- Diversity Management/Training
- Process Improvement/Optimization
- Project Management
- Doctorate of Business Administration - University of Phoenix (2008)
- Master of Business Administration - Touro University International (2002)
- BS. in Management of Human Resources - Faulkner University (2000)
- Six Sigma Master Black Belt (Certificate) / Six Sigma Black Belt (Certificate) / Six Sigma Green Belt (Certificate) / Six Sigma Lean (Certificate)
- CompTIA Security+