Admission for International Students
Join Our Engaging Online Educational Community
Trident welcomes international undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students from around the world who want the quality education Trident has offered since 1998. Our respected faculty is committed to helping you succeed academically. International students may attend year-round.
No Student Visa Required
Because all of your learning is 100% online, you do not need (and are not eligible for) a student visa or a SEVP Form I-20.
Evaluating Credits for Transfer
If you have international (high school and/or college) transcripts, you must provide an official evaluation of your credits by a recognized evaluation service. To select an evaluation service, please visit www.naces.org or https://www.aice-eval.org/.The evaluation must include grade equivalency and level of equivalency (graduate or undergraduate) for each course as well as the cumulative GPA. Trident uses the evaluation to determine which credits will be accepted for transfer. The evaluation must also be received by Trident in the original sealed envelope from the evaluation service selected.
Please Note: The evaluation services listed at www.naces.org and https://aice-eval.org/ are not affiliated with Trident and the University makes no representations or warranties on their behalf.
*Transfer credit is evaluated on an individual basis. Not all credits are eligible to transfer. See the University Catalog for transfer credit policies.
English Competency Requirements
International students must meet one of the following English proficiency requirements:
- Submit transcripts that demonstrate an appropriate duration of attendance at an accredited institution where the medium of instruction is English:
- Undergraduate – Earned equivalent of a high school diploma or 24 semester credits of bachelors-level coursework.
- Graduate – Earned equivalent of a conferred bachelors degree or 12 semester credits of graduate-level coursework in a program.
- Doctorate – Earned equivalent of a conferred masters degree.
- Submit transcripts that demonstrate service in the U.S. Armed Forces for one year or greater, with attendance in enlisted-level or officer-level service school courses.
- Present official documents with an appropriate minimum total score for one of the following exams*:
|Degree level||TOEFL Internet Based Test (IBT)||TOEFL Computer Based Test (CBT)||TOEFL Paper Based Test (PBT)||IELTS||EIKEN|
|Undergraduate||61||173||500 & TW4||6||Grade 2A|
|Graduate||71||197||525 & TW4||6||Grade Pre-1|
|Doctorate||79||213||550 & TW4.5||6.5||Grade Pre-1|
*Additional exams and scores may be accepted upon review and approval by the College Dean or designee.
Helpful Resources & Quick Links
These resources are provided in order to assist students with understanding the cost of attending Trident and the types of financial aid available.
Scholarships & Grants
We understand the unique challenges facing adult learners like you and encourage students to apply for our scholarships and grants.