Develop a firm foundation in health administration and advance your education with an online Bachelor of Science in Health Administration (BSHA) degree.
While attending our fully online bachelors degree program, you will:
- Gain critical competencies and qualifications to help further your career.
- Develop skills to use and evaluate data.
- Develop the analytical and problem-solving skills you need as a health administration professional.
- Expand your awareness of emerging trends and their potential impact in the field.
- Connect with other students and be mentored by faculty in an online environment.
- Be prepared to pursue graduate studies.
Online Health Administration Degree Program Overview
This 100% online college degree program will help you develop a strong knowledge base in health administration, including health systems, ethics, finance, and health policy. The EdActive™ Learning Approach ensures you’ll be ready to apply your knowledge and skills in the real world after you graduate or will prepare you to pursue graduate studies in health administration.
The Bachelor of Science in Health Administration (BSHA) program prepares graduates for entry and midlevel functional positions in health care administration, or to pursue graduate education in the field. Our mission is to produce highly competent, ethical, caring health administration professionals who can both manage and effect change for the better in organizations and systems. We do this with an evidence based, online teaching model, and a student-centered learning environment in which undergraduates can expand their knowledge and skills.
Students will develop their understanding of research, evaluation, and the data upon which health care managers base their decisions. Students will develop analytical and problem-solving skills required of such professionals. They will enhance awareness of legal and ethical issues in the health field and will learn to recognize and appreciate the economic, political, and social environment in which health care functions.
See the Trident University Catalog for full descriptions of all program course offerings or contact Trident today to learn more.
Upon successful completion of their respective program option, graduates should be able to:
- Describe how social, economic, and political forces shape the healthcare system and the environment in which it functions.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills in healthcare administration professional practice.
- Apply basic quantitative skills and methods to evaluate and distribute data/information for use in healthcare administration.
- Identify and critically evaluate current literature in the field of healthcare administration.
- Critically assess emerging trends and describe their potential impacts on operations in health related administrative practice.
- Demonstrate an appreciation of diversity in health-related administrative practice.
- Apply foundational ethical, legal, and regulatory principles to health-related decision making and problem solving.
This program is not designed to meet the educational requirements for a specific professional license or certification that is required for employment in an occupation. As such, Trident has made no determination regarding prerequisites for licensure or certification in any state or jurisdiction.
My research is focused on health communication and in particular I do research in consulting with the National Hemophilia Foundation. It’s been very rewarding working with these young women and really being able to help change their lives and improve their quality of life.Dr. Patricia Rhynders, Associate Dean
Your courses at Trident will prepare you to address the challenges of access, quality, and cost in a dynamic healthcare environment. As a Bachelor of Science in Health Administration (BSHA) student, you will take a variety of classes, including Legal and Ethical Aspects of Healthcare, Health Care Finance, Management of Health Programs, Quality Assurance, and many others.
The BSHA requires 120 credits for degree completion. See the Trident Catalog for all requirements and full descriptions of all course offerings. Students in the College of Health and Human Services are also required to meet Trident's general education requirements as specified in our course catalog.
Have you ever thought about obtaining your masters degree? If so, we have a dual credit option that allows you to earn MSHA degree credits while taking BSHA program courses. We call it FastracDC and it is our fastest and most affordable pathway to a masters degree. By selecting the dual credit option you can have three of your upper division courses applied towards an MSHA degree from Trident.
The College of Health and Human Services offers a general Bachelor of Science in Health Administration with no concentration.
Subject to additional college-or program-specific admissions requirements, the following standard admissions requirements apply:
- A diploma from an accredited or state approved high school or its equivalent
- Proof of English proficiency (international students only; see section on English Proficiency in the Trident University Catalog)
If you plan to transfer potential credit, please review our transfer policy.
Did you know, you could potentially take fewer classes and shorten time to graduation by passing a Trident Challenge Exam*? Undergraduate students can demonstrate their knowledge and, if successfully passed, earn credit toward their degree. Talk to your Student Success Advisor about this and other Prior Learning Assessment opportunities!
*The ability to reduce time in school and/or reduce tuition varies by campus and depends on the number of Trident Challenge exams successfully passed. Trident Challenge exam credits are unlikely to transfer. Not all programs are eligible for a reduction in time and money. Courses eligible are subject to change.
The following standard transfer policies apply:
- Transfer students are required to provide official transcripts of all prior academic work without exception.
- Prior academic work will be articulated during the admission process.
- All courses, whether applied to a program or general elective in transfer will be posted to the student's permanent record.
- Transfer credits will not be included in the calculation of overall GPA.
- At the undergraduate level, students may transfer in credit no matter the date of completion. In cases where the content of a course is deemed outdated or no longer relevant / equivalent credits for that course will transfer as general elective credits only.
- Students may formally appeal transfer decision to the Provost or designee. Appeals must be submitted in writing within five business days and must be accompanied by supporting documents or evidence.
Tuition cost for the bachelors program:
|tuition type||per credit||per course||per year*|
|Retired Military / Veteran / And Their Immediate Family Members**||$330||$1,320||$9,900|
|Military & Immediate Family Members / Department of Defense Federal Civilian Employees**||$250||$1,000||$7,500|
|Active Duty, National Guard and Reserve U.S Military Service Members**||$250||$1,000||$7,500|
*Assumes no transfer credits and that student enrolls in an average of 30 credits per year for 4 years. **Tuition per credit represented with applicable military grant applied.
- Books and Supplies: $0
- Course Materials: $0
- Diploma Copy: $30 (optional)
- Food, Housing, and Transportation: N/A
- Graduation Fee: $150
- Official Transcript: $10
- Other Expedited Shipping Fees: varies based on region
- Payment Plan Set-up: $35-$55 (non-refundable)
- Student ID Card: $10 (optional)
- Technology Fee: $0
- Other fees may apply and are subject to change without advance notice.
Seeking more information on the cost of attending Trident? Visit Trident's Financial Aid Resources page where you will find financial aid tools including Trident's Net Price Calculator and Shopping Sheet, a guide to assist in early financial planning for college.
Want to save time & money on your degree? Receive credit for eligible past experience and military service with Trident Fastrac. Click here to learn more.
Faces of Trident
Meet LaBarbara Midgett, Trident BSBA in Logistics alumna. Read more as to why LaBarbara chose Trident to pursue her degree.
Their combined academic and professional experiences enhance their commitment to student success - meet your BSCS faculty members.