Military FAQs

The appearance of U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) visual information does not imply or constitute DOD endorsement.

Next Session Apply Today

How do I apply to Trident?

Simply submit an online application and authorize Trident University to request your official transcript(s) on your behalf. (U.S. based institutions only. If you have completed CLEP, DSST or military training (including JST Transcript) you are responsible for providing those official documents to Trident directly). There is no residency requirement or application fee for Trident's online degree programs. If you are applying for any of Trident's Ph.D. programs, please review the Ph.D. Admission Requirements.

How do I send an official transcript?

If you have attended U.S. based institutions and they accept third party transcript requests you may authorize Trident University to request your official transcript(s) on your behalf. If you have completed CLEP, DSST, military training (including JST Transcript) or your college or high school does not accept third party transcript requests you are responsible for providing those official documents to Trident University directly. If you have attended institutions outside of the U.S., please arrange to have your transcript(s) evaluated by a NACES approved Credential Evaluation Service and send the ORIGINAL evaluation to Trident directly.

Office of Admissions
Trident University International
PO Box 681309
Schaumburg, IL 60168

Do I need to send resume, letters of reference, or an essay?

You don't need to send any of the above unless you are applying for a doctoral program at Trident.

Does Trident offer reduced rates for veteran, active duty, and family members?

All veterans, active duty members, and their dependents are eligible for a reduced tuition rate. Trident is proud to provide special Veteran Education Grants and Military Education Grants.

Does Trident participate in ArmyIgnitED (previously GoArmyEd) or other types of military-affiliated tuition programs?

Trident University is proud to participate in ArmyIgnitED (previously GoArmyEd) so that eligible soldiers in active duty, National Guard, Army Reserve, and federal employees of the US Army can pursue fully online associates, bachelors, and masters degrees through Trident. Please be advised that each branch of the military has a specific Tuition Assistance process. Select your branch portal below for the most current information and policies:

* You may need to create an exception for this website in your browser. To do so, follow the steps below based on the internet browser you are using:
Google Chrome: Click on “advanced” when the “Your connection is not private” message appears. Click on “proceed to xxx (unsafe)”
Firefox browser: On the warning page, click “Advanced”. Click “Add Exception”. When the Add Security Exception dialog appears, click “View”. The Certificate Dialog will appear.
Internet Explorer: When you see the “There is a problem with this website’s security certificate” page, click on “Continue to this website (not recommended)”

Trident is not responsible for the security of external websites.

Does Trident accept military transfer credits?

Yes. Trident recognizes the strong foundations you've developed during the course of your military career. We ensure a smooth transition working with our military and veteran students to transfer qualified credits*.

Learn more about our transfer policy. *Transfer credit is evaluated on an individual basis. Not all credits are eligible to transfer. See the University Catalog for transfer credit policies.

Is Trident a military-friendly university that accepts military benefits such as Veterans' Affairs benefits, and Tuition Assistance for active duty?

Yes, with alliances established specifically for military personnel earning an online associates, bachelors, masters, or doctoral degree. Whether you are Active Duty, National Guard, Reservist, or Veteran, Trident is both flexible and affordable.

Does Trident honor the Post 9/11 GI Bill® for College?

Yes. Send Trident a copy of your certificate of eligibility (COE) or copy of your VA application confirmation page to the Student Finance Department. If you have never applied for your Chapter 33 education benefits complete the VA application online (VA Form 22-1990).

If you have used your Chapter 33 benefit with another school, you will need to transfer your benefits to Trident with the Change Program/Place of Training application (VA Form 22-1995).

(GI Bill is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.)

Does Trident participate in the Yellow Ribbon GI Enhancement Program?

Trident is proud to be a participating institution of the Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program. The Yellow Ribbon program is a provision of the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008. This program allows institutions of higher learning (degree granting institutions) in the United States to voluntarily enter into an agreement with VA to fund tuition expenses that exceed the public in-state undergraduate tuition rate. Currently, Trident may contribute up to 50% of those expenses and VA will match the same amount as the institution.

Is Trident accredited?

From associates to bachelors and masters to doctoral, Trident offers online degree programs for every step of your educational journey. Trident University International is a member of the American InterContinental University System. The System is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (, an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.

What types of programs does Trident offer military students?

Associate Programs - Online Degree Programs for Military Students

Bachelor Programs – Online Degree Programs for Military Students

Masters Programs - Online Degree Programs for Military Students

Doctoral Programs - Online Degree Programs for Military Students