Sandra Salvador – Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (Alumna)
Develop the skills you need to advance in your education with an online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) degree from Trident.
With our fully online college degree program, you will enjoy convenience and flexibility as you:
- Prepare for entry-level management positions in business, industry, and the non-profit sector.
- Study invaluable skills to apply in a variety of career settings.
- Advance your education even while you may be working full time.
- Explore all functional areas of business.
- Generate oral and written presentations in business format.
- Join an engaged and connected online learning community.
- Collaborate with dedicated and attentive faculty.
Online Business Degree Program Overview
In the online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) program, you will become skilled and experienced in all general business functions. The EdActive™ Learning Approach emphasizes learning that is structured on case-based approach to ensure your education is well-suited for the real world.
The purpose of the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) program is to help prepare students for entry-level management positions in business, industry, and not-for-profit organizations. Specifically, the program is designed to assist candidates to obtain quality undergraduate-level content expertise in all of the functional areas of business administration plus a specialty area of concentration. This program includes quality undergraduate-level development in business administration areas with special emphasis in global applications and ethical considerations. All students will select four electives that will provide an opportunity to develop special expertise in an area of their interest. All courses are case-based and application-based.
See the Trident University Catalog for full descriptions of all program course offerings.
Trident University has changed my life completely. You can do it, if you go after it and you go over that wall you will be able to go and get what you want to get.Sandra S., BSBA in Criminal Justice
Upon successful completion of their respective program option, graduates should be able to:
- Apply effective communication skills in a business environment.
- Assess the impact of culture and diversity on business practices.
- Assess the ethical implications of business decisions and actions.
- Apply business theories, models, and concepts to guide analysis of problems and situations.
- Use technology to gather and analyze information.
- Utilize data driven analysis in making business decisions.
- Analyze the impact of global forces on business practices.
This program is not designed to meet the educational requirements for a specific professional license or certification that is required for employment in an occupation. As such, Trident has made no determination regarding prerequisites for licensure or certification in any state or jurisdiction.
Your courses at Trident will be relevant and inspiring. As a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) student, you will take a variety of classes, including Business Communication; International Business; and Organizational Behavior and Teamwork.
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) requires 120 credits for degree completion. You will take 52 semester credits of program core coursework and 16 credits of concentration coursework.
Students in the Glenn R. Jones College of Business are also required to meet Trident's general education requirements as specified in the university catalog. BSBA students will need to complete specific courses (or their equivalent) to satisfy general education competency areas.
Have you ever thought about obtaining your masters degree? If so, we have a dual credit option that allows you to earn MBA degree credits while taking BSBA program courses. We call it FastracDC and it is our fastest and most affordable pathway to a masters degree. By selecting the dual credit option you can have three of your upper division courses applied towards an MBA degree from Trident.
Choose from the following concentrations:
- Contract Management - This concentration focuses on contract management with core courses, such as Business Law; Government Contracting Principles; and the Fundamentals of Purchasing and Purchase Management.
- Digital Marketing - This concentration integrates traditional practices in the digital marketing environment using real-world applications.
- General Business - This concentration allows you to earn a general business administration degree in two years or less (if attending Trident full-time and completing two courses a term).
- Human Resource Management - This concentration requires courses, such as Human Resource Management and Law.
- Information Technology Management - This concentration helps professionals build the foundations for success in the information technology management field.
- Logistics - This concentration prepares professionals in supply chain management, operations management control, and global logistics management.
- Project Management - This concentration focuses on project management, negotiations, pricing, conflict resolution, and managerial cost accounting.
See the Trident Catalog for full descriptions of all concentration course offerings.
Subject to additional college-or program-specific admissions requirements, the following standard admissions requirements apply:
- A diploma from an accredited or state approved high school or its equivalent
- Proof of English proficiency (international students only; see section on English Proficiency in the Trident University Catalog)
If you plan to transfer potential credit, please review our transfer policy.
Did you know, you could potentially take fewer classes and shorten time to graduation by passing a Trident Challenge Exam*? Undergraduate students can demonstrate their knowledge and, if successfully passed, earn credit toward their degree. Talk to your Student Success Advisor about this and other Prior Learning Assessment opportunities!
*The ability to reduce time in school and/or reduce tuition varies by campus and depends on the number of Trident Challenge exams successfully passed. Trident Challenge exam credits are unlikely to transfer. Not all programs are eligible for a reduction in time and money. Courses eligible are subject to change.
The following standard transfer policies apply:
- Credits are considered for transfer from:
- Any regionally or nationally accredited college or university
- The American Council on Education (ACE)
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- The DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSST/DANTES)
- The Council for Adult and Experiential Learning (CAEL)
- Other non-traditional forms of learning as deemed appropriate by College Deans or designees.
- Decisions on the transfer of credits are ultimately at the discretion of the College Deans or designees.
- Students may formally appeal transfer decisions to the Provost or designee. Appeals must be submitted in writing and must be accompanied by supporting documentation or evidence such as a course syllabus.
- Students are urged to review the specific policy statement applicable to each degree program regarding maximum transferable credits to the program and concentration, or both.
- Transfer credits will not be included in the calculation of overall GPA.
Transfer students can review the full transfer credit policy in the Trident Catalog.
Tuition cost for the bachelors program:
|tuition type||per credit||per course||per year*|
|Retired Military / Veteran / And Their Immediate Family Members**||$330||$1,320||$9,900|
|Military & Immediate Family Members / Department of Defense Federal Civilian Employees**||$250||$1,000||$7,500|
|Active Duty, National Guard and Reserve U.S Military Service Members**||$250||$1,000||$7,500|
*Assumes no transfer credits and that student enrolls in an average of 30 credits per year for 4 years. **Tuition per credit represented with applicable military grant applied.
- Books and Supplies: $0
- Course Materials: $0
- Diploma Copy: $30 (optional)
- Food, Housing, and Transportation: N/A
- Graduation Fee: $150
- Official Transcript: $10
- Other Expedited Shipping Fees: varies based on region
- Payment Plan Set-up: $35-$55 (non-refundable)
- Student ID Card: $10 (optional)
- Technology Fee: $0
- Other fees may apply and are subject to change without advance notice.
Seeking more information on the cost of attending Trident University? Visit Trident's Financial Aid Resources page where you will find financial aid tools including Trident's Net Price Calculator and Shopping Sheet, a guide to assist in early financial planning for college.
Want to save time & money on your degree? Receive credit for eligible past experience and military service with Trident Fastrac. Click here to learn more.
Faces of Trident
Meet LaBarbara Midgett, Trident BSBA in Logistics alumna. Read more as to why LaBarbara chose Trident to pursue her degree.
Their combined academic and professional experiences enhance their commitment to student success - meet your BSCS faculty members.