Advance your education in IT systems management through our online Master of Science in Information Technology Management (MSITM) degree program. In our 100% online IT master’s program, you will:
- Work to become prepared to manage IT systems development and implementation and emerging technologies in IT infrastructure and systems.
- Study how to plan and design IT architecture to support networked systems.
- Work to gain the skills to develop security and risk management plans for IT systems.
- Study skills to manage IT planning so that it is in step with the strategic direction of the organization.
- Join an engaging quality online learning community in the Trident Learning Community (TLC).
- Collaborate with an experienced and diverse faculty.
Online IT Master's Degree Program Overview
The online information technology management master’s degree program is designed to help students prepare to manage IT systems development and implementation so they can pursue professional management positions in the information technology field.
Through coursework, research, and collaboration, students will study technology skills as well as management, ensuring as effectiveness with people as with machines.
See the Trident University Catalog for full descriptions of all program course offerings.
Upon successful completion of their respective program option, graduates should be able to:
- Synthesize a fundamental knowledge of computer hardware, software, networking, and security to analyze, evaluate, and troubleshoot IT infrastructure and systems in a variety of organizational contexts.
- Collaborate effectively within diverse, interdisciplinary teams to design, develop, implement, and manage IT projects and solutions that align with organizational objectives and stakeholder requirements.
- Analyze complex data or information sources to develop evidence-based solutions and strategies in the field of IT management.
- Synthesize interdisciplinary knowledge to address complex IT management challenges, demonstrating an understanding of the interconnectedness of various IT domains and their impact on organizational performance and decision-making.
- Analyze ethical dilemmas and challenges related to IT management (i.e., privacy, security, intellectual property, data stewardship, and equitable access to technology) to develop responsible and informed solutions that balance competing interests and values.
- Communicate IT management solutions, strategies, or research findings in a professional manner (using data visualization techniques, reports, presentations, and other communication materials) to convey key messages and support decision-making processes.
Courses at Trident are industry-relevant. As an MS in Information Technology Management student, you can take a variety of classes, including Strategic Planning for IT, Management of Information Technology in Organizations, and Database and Knowledge Base Management.
You must complete 36 semester credits of core and elective coursework. An additional eight credits of prerequisite courses may be required for selected specialties if you have no background or experience in a related field. See the Trident University Catalog for full descriptions of all program course offerings.
The Master of Science in Information Technology Management (MSITM) degree program has the following concentrations:
- Business Analytics - This concentration is designed to help professionals prepare to clean, access, and analyze data through digital analytics, visualizations, machine learning, data warehousing, business intelligence and SAS Viya Analytics.
- Information Assurance and Cybersecurity Management - This concentration is designed to help graduates prepares to protect the information assets of an organization and its users. As well as, to help provide professionals the opportunity to master the principles and best practices to better address the increasing global and local information security concerns.
See the Trident University Catalog for full descriptions of all concentration course offerings.
Subject to additional college-or program-specific admissions requirements, the following standard admissions requirements apply:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Cumulative minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Certificate-seeking students must provide official transcripts of all prior academic work, including military transcripts.
- Master's degree students are required to provide official transcripts from the institution granting the undergraduate degree.
- Academic entrance exams, such as GRE, MAT or GMAT, are not required for admission.
- International students must provide proof of English proficiency (see Trident University Catalog for details).
The following standard transfer policies apply:
- Transfer students are required to provide official transcripts of all prior academic work without exception.
- Prior academic work will be articulated during the admission process.
- All courses, whether applied to a program or general elective in transfer will be posted to the student's permanent record.
- Transfer credits will not be included in the calculation of overall GPA.
- Graduate coursework submitted for transfer must have been completed within the prior seven years unless the content is deemed outdated or no longer equivalent or relevant by Trident.
- Trident may accept for transfer to the master's degree up to 30% of graduate level credits from other accredited colleges or universities. All transferred course credits must have a GPA of 3.0 or better.
Tuition cost for the master's program:
|Retired Military / Veteran / And Their Immediate Family Members**
|Military & Immediate Family Members / Department of Defense Federal Civilian Employees**
|Active Duty, National Guard and Reserve U.S Military Service Members**
*Assumes no transfer credit and that student in a 36 credit program enrolls in an average of 18 credits per year for 2 years.
**Tuition per credit represented with applicable military grant applied.
- Books and Supplies: $0
- Course Materials: $0
- Diploma Copy: $30 (optional)
- Food, Housing, and Transportation: N/A
- Graduation Fee: $150
- Official Transcript: $10
- Other Expedited Shipping Fees: varies based on region
- Payment Plan Set-up: $35-$55 (non-refundable)
- Student ID Card: $10 (optional)
- Technology Fee: $0
- Other fees may apply and are subject to change without advance notice.
Seeking more information on the cost of attending Trident University International? Visit Trident’s Financial Aid Resources page where you will find financial aid tools including Trident’s Net Price Calculator and Shopping Sheet, a guide to assist in early financial planning for college.
Want to save time & money on your degree? Receive credit for eligible past experience and military service with Trident Fastrac.* Click here to learn more.
*Transfer credit is evaluated on an individual basis. Not all credits are eligible to transfer. See the University Catalog for transfer credit policies.
Faces of Trident
Meet Kimo Q., MBA, Class of 2022, Triple Trident
Hear him share about his academic journey at Trident.
Faces of Trident
"Trident changed my life. It set me on a path where I said I can do hard things." Meet William Christensen, MBA in Strategic Leadership.
Meet Our Faculty
Our online faculty helps students build their expertise through intensive coursework and outstanding learning experiences.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Master of Science in Information Technology Management (MSITM) degree? Trident’s Master of Science in Information Technology Management (MSITM) is an online degree program designed to help students advance their knowledge in IT systems management and prepare to pursue management level opportunities in the information technology field. Through coursework, research, and collaboration, students can work to hone their technical and management skills. The program offers a concentration in Information Assurance and Cybersecurity Management.
In this information technology master’s degree (MSITM) program, students study a mix of elective courses and program core courses, including but not limited to: Strategic Planning for IT, Management of Information Technology in Organizations, and Database and Knowledge-Base Management. Additional prerequisite courses may be required for selected specialties if a student has no background or experience in a related field. This information technology degree program will teach students how to perform critical analysis of complex information technology situations so that they can offer alternative solutions, apply information technology knowledge, concepts, and frameworks to dynamic business situations, and lead and manage relevant information technology resources in uncertain and global business environments.
The MSITM degree program is offered online and starts monthly. Completion of the Trident admissions process will depend on how quickly you complete the steps in the Trident online application process. You may complete the application process over the phone with an advisor, or you can do it online. Once you’ve completed the online application, you may hear from an advisor within 24 hours to discuss the next steps toward starting your degree program.
The MSITM degree program consists of 33-36 credits. An additional 8 credits of prerequisite courses may be required for selected specialties if you have no background or experience in a related field. Eligible transfer credit may be awarded with provided official transcripts.* Trident accepts up to 20% of eligible graduate-level credits from other accredited colleges or universities for transfer into the master's degree program. However, course content can be deemed outdated or no longer relevant/equivalent by Trident.
*Transfer credit is evaluated on an individual basis. Not all credits are eligible for transfer. See the University Catalog for transfer credit policies.
This program was designed for individuals looking to function at the professional management level in the field of information technology management. Graduates study how to be prepared to manage the development and implementation of IT systems and emerging technologies in IT infrastructure and systems. They also explore how to plan and design IT architecture to support networked systems. This program allows students to collaborate with experienced, and diverse faculty. They can also benefit from joining an engaging online learning community in the Trident Learning Community (TLC).