Earn an Associate of Science in Professional Studies (ASPS) From a 100% Online University
Develop the skills you need to begin your career with an online Associate of Science in Professional Studies (ASPS) degree from Trident University.
With our fully online college degree program, you will enjoy convenience and flexibility as you:
- Prepare for entry-level management positions in business, industry, and the non-profit sector.
- Use technological tools in the learning process in a professional field of study.
- Apply existing knowledge from a multidisciplinary context to make optimal real-world decisions.
- Make decisions in accordance with ethical principles.
- Interpret quantitative information in a field of study.
- Recognize diversity, and historic, artistic and literary expressions.
- Collaborate with dedicated and attentive faculty.
Online Professional Studies Program Overview
In the online Associate of Science in Professional Studies program, you will become prepared to manage and effect positive change within organizations and systems. The Trident Learning Model emphasizes learning that is structured on case-based approach to ensure your education is well-suited for the real world.
Students entering this program will transfer between 15 and 28 credits from a completed professional certificate, diploma, or from a military occupation or rating. The credits remaining after the General Education and Capstone courses are completed must be satisfied through free electives to bring the total degree credits to 60 Semester Hours. The student’s exact number of free electives required will be determined at the time that the transfer credit evaluation is completed by the Registrar’s Office.
See the Trident University Catalog for full descriptions of all program course offerings.
The Associate of Science in Professional Studies requires 60 credits for degree completion. You will take 32 semester credits of program core coursework and concentration coursework will vary based on amount of transfer credits. Students entering this program will transfer between 15 and 28 credits from a completed professional certificate, diploma, or from a military occupation or rating.
- A diploma from an accredited or state approved high school, or its equivalent.
- A minimum GPA of 2.0 in all high school coursework transcripts (if a student has less than 24 semester hours of post-secondary education)
- A certificate or diploma with at least 15 semester hours of transferable college credit, or equivalent military training, as defined by Trident’s transfer policy
- Proof of English proficiency (international students only; see section on English Proficiency in the Trident University Catalog)
- A minimum GPA of 2.0 in all transferable coursework
If you plan to transfer potential credit, please review our transfer policy.
- Credits are considered for transfer from:
- Any regionally or nationally accredited college or university
- The American Council on Education (ACE)
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- The DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSST/DANTES)
- The Council for Adult and Experiential Learning (CAEL)
- Other non-traditional forms of learning as deemed appropriate by College Deans or designees.
- Decisions on the transfer of credits are ultimately at the discretion of the College Deans or designees.
- Students may formally appeal transfer decisions to the Provost or designee. Appeals must be submitted in writing and must be accompanied by supporting documentation or evidence such as a course syllabus.
- Students are urged to review the specific policy statement applicable to each degree program regarding maximum transferable credits to the program and concentration, or both.
- Transfer credits will not be included in the calculation of overall GPA.
Transfer students can review the full transfer credit policy in the Trident University Catalog.
Click here for important information about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended this program Gainful Employment
- School Performance Fact Sheet (California Residents Data) – coming soon!
|tuition type||per credit||per course|
|Retired Military / Veteran / And Their Immediate Family Members||$300||$1,200|
|Military & Immediate Family Members / Department of Defense Federal Civilian Employees||$250||$1,000|
- Bounced Check Fee: $30
- Course Material Fee: $0
- Diploma Copy: $30 (optional)
- Graduation Fee: $150
- Lab Fee: $59 (optional - for students enrolled in courses with a lab portion)
- Official Transcript Fee: $10 (rush fee $35)
- Other Expedited Shipping Fees: varies based on region
- Payment Plan Set-up Fee: $30 (non-refundable)
- Student ID Card: $10 (optional)
- Other fees may apply and are subject to change without advance notice.
Seeking more information on the cost of attending Trident University? Visit Trident’s Financial Aid Resources page where you will find financial aid tools including Trident’s Net Price Calculator and Shopping Sheet, a guide to assist in early financial planning for college.
Get Started Today – Apply Today!
Corporate Tuition Reimbursement
No matter where you are in your career, Trident prides itself on providing convenient professional development opportunities for those looking to learn. Students in Trident’s ASPS program and participating in the Corporate Tuition Reimbursement* curriculum will have the opportunity to take one or more of the following courses as part of the ASPS degree. Contact a Trident Admissions Advisor today to learn more about this unique program at 800-613-1722.
This course provides a comprehensive understanding of fiber optic systems used in the telecommunications industry. The course introduces students to optical concepts related to light waves and how light carrying information propagates down the fiber. The course progresses with a description of the optical components used in fiber optic systems including light sources, optical fiber types, connectors, types of cables and their use, and photodetectors. Different splicing techniques are discussed as well as the use of several test instruments to measure fiber optic systems performance. Techniques to develop a fiber optic system link budget considering system losses are also introduced. Students will be engaged in an extensive hands-on lab giving an opportunity to demonstrate and test what they have learned. Our Instructors and Curriculum are certified by all three standard organizations: FOA, ETA, and STE allowing you to earn certification as an Installer, Technician, and Splicer.
PRS105 | $1,155
This course provides a survey of the fundamentals of data communications and networks. It begins with a look at important aspects of data communications, data networks, and the Internet along with key facets of protocol architectures, TCP/IP, and Internet-Based applications. The concepts and terminology centered on data transmission, transmission media, signaling encoding techniques, and error detection/correction are also covered. The course wraps up with a look at the value of data link control protocols and multiplexing in data communications and networks today. Multimedia content and interactive simulations are used throughout to reinforce course concepts.
PRS104 | $1,155
This course provides the fundamental knowledge designed to prepare the student to take the FCC Element 1 Marine Radio Operator’s Permit exam, and the FCC Element 3 General Radio Operator’s License (GROL) exam. FCC Element 1 provides basic radio law and operating practice to become familiar with aircraft, ship, and other FCC licensed radio communications equipment. FCC Element 3 provides general electrical and electronic knowledge required to repair and maintain radio transmitters and receivers. The General Radio Operator’s License is recognized by several employers as evidence of knowledge in the radio telecommunications field.
PRS240 | $1,155
In this course, students gain the skills to create, customize, and organize professional looking workbooks in Microsoft Excel. The course covers creating and managing workbooks and worksheets; formatting cells and data; printing the worksheets; entering formulas in a worksheet; applying common functions; applying sparklines; and inserting tables, charts, and objects to improve the readability of the Excel worksheet. This course prepares for the Microsoft Office Excel 2016 (77-727) certification.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Create and manage Microsoft Excel 2016 workbooks and worksheets
- Explain formulas and functions as they apply to number and text data types
in Excel worksheets
- Understand the use of tables, charts, shapes, and other objects to create a
professional looking Excel workbook
PRS125 | $1,155
*Program enrollment is currently limited to students in the partnership.