Earn an Associate of Science in Professional Studies (ASPS) From a 100% Online University
Develop the skills you need to begin your career with an online Associate of Science in Professional Studies (ASPS) degree from Trident University.
With our fully online college degree program, you will enjoy convenience and flexibility as you:
- Prepare for entry-level management positions in business, industry, and the non-profit sector.
- Use technological tools in the learning process in a professional field of study.
- Apply existing knowledge from a multidisciplinary context to make optimal real-world decisions.
- Make decisions in accordance with ethical principles.
- Interpret quantitative information in a field of study.
- Recognize diversity, and historic, artistic and literary expressions.
- Collaborate with dedicated and attentive faculty.
Online Professional Studies Program Overview
In the online Associate of Science in Professional Studies program, you will become prepared to manage and effect positive change within organizations and systems. The Trident Learning Model emphasizes learning that is structured on case-based approach to ensure your education is well-suited for the real world.
Students entering this program will transfer between 15 and 28 credits from a completed professional certificate, diploma, or from a military occupation or rating. The credits remaining after the General Education and Capstone courses are completed must be satisfied through free electives to bring the total degree credits to 60 Semester Hours. The student’s exact number of free electives required will be determined at the time that the transfer credit evaluation is completed by the Registrar’s Office.
See the Trident University Catalog for full descriptions of all program course offerings.
The Associate of Science in Professional Studies requires 60 credits for degree completion. You will take 32 semester credits of program core coursework and concentration coursework will vary based on amount of transfer credits. Students entering this program will transfer between 15 and 28 credits from a completed professional certificate, diploma, or from a military occupation or rating.
- A diploma from an accredited or state approved high school, or its equivalent
- A minimum GPA of 2.0 in all high school coursework transcripts (if a student has less than 24 semester hours of post-secondary education)
- A certificate or diploma with at least 12 semester hours of transferable college credit or documented military training* as defined by Trident’s transfer policy. *Proof of military service includes successful completion of basic training, documented in an official military transcript (JST, CCAF, etc.)
- Proof of English proficiency (international students only; see section on English Proficiency in the Trident University Catalog)
- A minimum GPA of 2.0 in all transferable coursework
If you plan to transfer potential credit, please review our transfer policy.
- Credits are considered for transfer from:
- Any regionally or nationally accredited college or university
- The American Council on Education (ACE)
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- The DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSST/DANTES)
- The Council for Adult and Experiential Learning (CAEL)
- Other non-traditional forms of learning as deemed appropriate by College Deans or designees.
- Decisions on the transfer of credits are ultimately at the discretion of the College Deans or designees.
- Students may formally appeal transfer decisions to the Provost or designee. Appeals must be submitted in writing and must be accompanied by supporting documentation or evidence such as a course syllabus.
- Students are urged to review the specific policy statement applicable to each degree program regarding maximum transferable credits to the program and concentration, or both.
- Transfer credits will not be included in the calculation of overall GPA.
Transfer students can review the full transfer credit policy in the Trident University Catalog.
Click here for important information about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended this program Gainful Employment
- School Performance Fact Sheet (California Residents Data) – coming soon!
|tuition type||per credit||per course||per year*|
|Retired Military / Veteran / And Their Immediate Family Members||$320||$1,280||$6,400|
|Military & Immediate Family Members / Department of Defense Federal Civilian Employees||$250||$1,000||$5,000|
- Books and Supplies: $0
- Bounced Check Fee: $30
- Course Materials: $0
- Diploma Copy: $30 (optional)
- Doctoral Application Fee: $75 (non-refundable)
- Food, Housing, and Transportation: N/A
- Graduation Fee: $150
- Lab Fee: $25-69 (for students enrolled in courses with a lab portion)
- Official Transcript: $10 (rush fee $35)
- Other Expedited Shipping Fees: varies based on region
- Payment Plan Set-up: $30 (non-refundable)
- Student ID Card: $10 (optional)
- Technology Fee: $0
- Other fees may apply and are subject to change without advance notice.
Seeking more information on the cost of attending Trident University? Visit Trident’s Financial Aid Resources page where you will find financial aid tools including Trident’s Net Price Calculator and Shopping Sheet, a guide to assist in early financial planning for college.
Get Started Today – Apply Today!