Dr. Indira Guzman
Doctoral Studies Director - Glenn R. Jones College of Business
Dr. Indira Guzman is a Professor of Information Technology Management and Director of the Ph.D. Program in the Glenn R. Jones College of Business at Trident University. She holds a Ph.D. in Information Science and Technology and a master’s degree in Information Management from Syracuse University. She received a bachelor’s and a master’s degree in Computer Science from Donetsk National Technical University in Ukraine.
Dr. Guzman has published in academic journals such as The DATA BASE for Advances in Information Systems, Information Technology and People, Human Resource Management, and Women’s Studies. She is a Fulbright alumnus and an active member of the Association of Information Systems (AIS), the Association of Computing Machinery (ACM) SIGMIS Computers and People Research (CPR), the Institute for Certification of Computing Professionals (ICCP), ISACA and the National Center of Women in IT (NCWIT).
Her research areas of interest include the impact of IT in Organizations, IT Occupational Culture (ITOC), IT Workforce, IT Security Workforce, Information Security Auditing, Business Intelligence, and Performance Assessment in Higher Online Education.
- Ph.D. in Business Administration
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA)
- Guzman, I. R., & Stanton, J. M. (2009). IT Occupational Culture: The Cultural Fit and Commitment of New Information Technologists. Information Technology & People, 22(2), 157-187.
- Stanton, J., Guzman, I., and Stam, K. (2010). Information Nation: Education and Careers in the Emerging Information Professions. Information Today, Inc.
- Guzman, I. R., Stam, K. R., & Stanton, J. M. (2008). The Occupational Culture of IS/IT Personnel within Organizations. The DATA BASE for Advances in Information Systems, 39(1), 33-50.
- Association for Computing Machinery Service Award in appreciation for contributions to ACM as Co-Chair SIGMIS-CPR’15: 2015 Computers and People Research Conference. 06/04/2015-06/06/2015.
- Trident University’s FY15 Board of Trustees Award.
- Co-PI of the Project “Sustainable Development of Bolivia's Natural Resources: The Youth Perspective” funded by the 2011 US Department of State’s Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund, 2011-2013.
- NSF Webshop Summer Fellowship to attend the WebShop/IT&Society 2003 at University of Maryland, University of California Berkeley and Stanford University, USA. June, 2003.
- Fulbright Scholar, Fellowship recipient of the LASPAU Faculty Development Program scholarship with the sponsorship of the Fulbright Program, 2000-2002.
- Association of Computing Machinery (ACM) SIGMIS Computers and People Research (CPR)
- Association for Information Systems (AIS)
- Academy of Management (OCIS & TIM)
- ISACA, Academic Advocate
- Fulbright Alumni Association
- LACAIS (Latin American and Caribbean Association of Information Systems)
- Decision Sciences Institute
- Impact of IT in Organizations
- IT Occupational Culture (ITOC)
- IT Workforce, IT Security Workforce
- Information Security Auditing
- Business Intelligence
- Performance Assessment in Higher Education
- Mixed Methods