Dr. Indira Guzman
Doctoral Studies Director - Glenn R. Jones College of Business
Dr. Indira Guzman the Director of the Doctoral Programs in the Glenn R. Jones College of Business at Trident University and a Professor of Management Information Systems. She holds a Ph.D. in Information Science and Technology and a Master’s degree in Information Management from Syracuse University. She received a bachelor’s and a master’s degree in Computer Science from Donetsk National Technical University in Ukraine.
Dr. Guzman has published in academic journals such as The DATA BASE for Advances in Information Systems, Information Technology and People, Human Resource Management, and Women’s Studies. She is a Fulbright alumnus and an active member of the Academy of Management, the Association of Information Systems (AIS), the Association of Computing Machinery (ACM) SIGMIS Computers and People Research (CPR), the Institute for Certification of Computing Professionals (ICCP), the National Center of Women in IT (NCWIT), and ISACA.
Her research areas of interest include the impact of IT in Organizations, IT Occupational Culture (ITOC), Information Security Auditing and Risk Assessment, Business Intelligence, E-Learning and Performance Assessment in Higher Education.
Dr. Guzman will be the Doctoral Consortium Co-chair at the 2019 Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS) in Cancun, Mexico.
- Ph.D. in Business Administration
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA)
- Guzman, I. R., Stam, K. R., & Stanton, J. M. (2008). The occupational culture of IS/IT personnel within organizations. ACM SIGMIS Database, 39(1), 33-50.
- Guzman, I. R., & Stanton, J. M. (2009). IT occupational culture: the cultural fit and commitment of new information technologists. Information Technology & People, 22(2), 157-187.
- Kaarst-Brown, M. L., & Guzman, I. R. (2005, April). Who is the IT workforce?: challenges facing policy makers, educators, management, and research. In Proceedings of the 2005 ACM SIGMIS CPR conference on Computer personnel research (pp. 1-8). ACM.
- Cox, A., Guzman, I.R., Cromer, K., Bagui, S. (2017) Virtual Worlds, Virtual Reality, and Augmented Reality: Differences in Purchase Intentions Based on Types, Users, and Sex. Journal of Virtual Worlds Research, 10, 1, 1-21.
- Guzman, I. R. (2006). " As you like IT": Occupational culture and commitment of new information technologists.
- Stanton, J. M., Stam, K. R., Guzman, I., & Caledra, C. (2003, October). Examining the linkage between organizational commitment and information security. In Systems, Man and Cybernetics, 2003. IEEE International Conference on (Vol. 3, pp. 2501-2506). IEEE.
- Stam, K. R., Stanton, J. M., & Guzman, I. R. (2006). Employee resistance to digital information and information technology change in a social service agency: A membership category approach. Journal of Digital Information, 5(4).
- Guzman, I. R., & Kaarst-Brown, M. L. (2004, April). Organizational survival and alignment: insights into conflicting perspectives on the role of the IT professional. In Proceedings of the 2004 SIGMIS conference on Computer personnel research: Careers, culture, and ethics in a networked environment (pp. 30-34). ACM.
- Steele, H. E., Guzman, I.R., Galkin, J. & Adya, M. (2017). Partly Cloudy, Scattered Clients: Cloud Implementation in the Federal Government. AMCIS 2017
- Ferran, C., Alanis Gonzales, M. Esteves, J. Gomez, J, and Guzman, I.R. (2017). Online Education: A Topic at the Heart of MIS. Panel. AMCIS 2017. Boston, MA. August 10-12.
- At the Interface with practitioners: Professional Doctorates, Presentation for the 2017 Academy of Management Meeting, August 4-8 in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Mangles, P., Khanin, D. & Guzman, I.R. (2016). Perceived Isolation, its Impact on Professional Deviance and Deviant Workplace Behaviors. Proceedings of the Academy of Management Conference. Anaheim, California. August, 2016.
- Association for Computing Machinery Service Award in appreciation for contributions to ACM as Co-Chair SIGMIS-CPR’15: 2015 Computers and People Research Conference. 06/04/2015-06/06/2015.
- Trident University’s FY15 Board of Trustees Award.
- Co-PI of the Project “Sustainable Development of Bolivia's Natural Resources: The Youth Perspective” funded by the 2011 US Department of State’s Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund, 2011-2013.
- NSF Webshop Summer Fellowship to attend the WebShop/IT&Society 2003 at University of Maryland, University of California Berkeley and Stanford University, USA. June, 2003.
- Fulbright Scholar, Fellowship recipient of the LASPAU Faculty Development Program scholarship with the sponsorship of the Fulbright Program, 2000-2002.
- Association of Computing Machinery (ACM) SIGMIS Computers and People Research (CPR)
- Association for Information Systems (AIS)
- Academy of Management (OCIS & TIM)
- ISACA, Academic Advocate
- Fulbright Alumni Association
- LACAIS (Latin American and Caribbean Association of Information Systems)
- Decision Sciences Institute