Dr. Kenneth Cromer
Full-time Faculty - Glenn R. Jones College of Business
Dr. Cromer served in the United States Navy for 31-years as a surface force Command Master Chief and as Navy Recruiting Command Force Master Chief. Following his Navy career, he served as a senior director and regional emergency services manager in the American Red Cross. A recipient of The President’s Volunteer Service Award for his commitment to strengthen our nation and communities through volunteer service, he currently resides in Florida and is active in humanitarian activities. Dr. Cromer is an adjunct professor and was the first recipient of the Trident Teaching Excellence Award.
” I have been a student at Trident University for many years now as I first received my BSBA then on to my MBA and now currently a Ph.D. student. I have had the privilege of being taught by some of the finest professors within Trident University over many years but I must say Dr. Cromer has truly inspired me in so many scholarly ways. The most important difference is Dr. Cromer conducted more live sessions during this course than any other course I have taken to date. These live sessions change the dynamic of online learning and add a personal interaction between student and professor that is critically valuable. This live session interaction he conducted during each module pushes me to learn and helps me understand complex topics that sometimes can be misinterpreted without professional scholarly guidance. Putting together and taking the time to conduct live sessions I realize is very time-consuming for the professor but I felt during this course I wasn’t only learning online I could visualize myself in a virtual classroom interacting with my fellow classmates as well as my professor. Dr. Cromer deserves recognition for this and he has more than earned this Trident teaching excellence award hands-down!” – Michael, ORG602, Winter 2016
- Ph.D. in Business Administration
- Dissertation: A Conceptual Model Of Volunteer Engagement: The Influence Of Organizational Assimilation And Psychological Capital Constructs As Reflections Of Overall Volunteer Engagement (2009)
- Cox, A.M., Guzman, I., Cromer, K.W., and Bagui, S. (2017). Virtual worlds, virtual reality, and augmented reality: Differences in purchase intentions based on types, users, and sex. Journal of Virtual Worlds Research, (10)1, 21.
- Status: Veteran
- Branch: US Navy
- Rank: E-9 Command Master Chief
- Years: 31
- Accolades: Thirty-four decorations, including the Meritorious Service Medal (2 Awards) and designation as an Enlisted Surface Warfare Specialist.