Trident welcomes international undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students from around the world who want the high quality education Trident has offered since 1998. Our highly respected faculty is committed to helping you succeed. International students may apply online year-round.
Join Our Engaging Online Educational Community
No Student Visa Required
Because all of your learning is 100% online, you do not need (and are not eligible for) a student visa or a SEVP Form I-20.
Evaluating Credits for Transfer
If you have international transcripts, you must provide an official evaluation of your credits by a recognized evaluation service. To select an evaluation service, please visit www.naces.org. The evaluation must include grade equivalency and level of equivalency (graduate or undergraduate) for each course as well as the cumulative GPA. Trident uses the evaluation to determine which credits will be accepted for transfer. The evaluation must also be received by Trident in the original sealed envelope from the evaluation service selected.
Please Note: The evaluation services listed at www.naces.org are not affiliated with Trident and the University makes no representations or warranties on their behalf.
*Transfer credit is evaluated on an individual basis. Not all credits are eligible to transfer. See the University Catalog for transfer credit policies.
International students must meet one of the following English proficiency requirements:
- Submit transcripts that demonstrate an appropriate duration of attendance at an accredited institution where the medium of instruction is English:
- Undergraduate – Earned equivalent of a high school diploma or 24 semester credits of bachelors-level coursework.
- Graduate – Earned equivalent of a conferred bachelors degree or 12 semester credits of graduate-level coursework in a program.
- Doctorate – Earned equivalent of a conferred masters degree.
- Submit transcripts that demonstrate service in the U.S. Armed Forces for one year or greater, with attendance in enlisted-level or officer-level service school courses.
- Present official documents with an appropriate minimum total score for one of the following exams*:
|Degree level||TOEFL Internet Based Test (IBT)||TOEFL Computer Based Test (CBT)||TOEFL Paper Based Test (PBT)||IELTS||EIKEN|
|Undergraduate||61||173||500 & TW4||6||Grade 2A|
|Graduate||71||197||525 & TW4||6||Grade Pre-1|
|Doctorate||79||213||550 & TW4.5||6.5||Grade Pre-1|
*Additional exams and scores may be accepted upon review and approval by the College Dean or designee.