Your military service may have earned you college credit. Many schools and colleges award military students credit towards a degree based on training, coursework, and occupational specialty. (U.S. Veterans; Magazine.)

Below you may find information that can help you make the most of your military experience. If you need help, be sure to reach out to a military-friendly college like Trident to ask questions. We love to serve those who have served our country!

The American Council on Education
"The American Council on Education (ACE) was created in 1942 to determine the educational value of military training and experience. You can obtain academic credit for training you have received, including Basic Training." – U.S. Veterans' Magazine. Visit the website to see how much credit you may have already earned.

Navy and Marines Credits for College
"The Navy and Marine Corps use the SMART system. This system automatically captures your training, experience, and standardized test scores." – U.S. Veterans' Magazine. To learn more, visit:

Coast Guard Credits for College
"The Coast Guard Institute (CGI) requires each service member to submit documentation of all training (except correspondence course records), along with an enrollment form, to receive a transcript." – U.S. Veterans' Magazine. To learn more, visit:

Veteran Credits for College
"Under most circumstances, Veterans are eligible to use their former service branch's transcript program. However if you are not eligible for AARTS, SMART, CCAF, or the CGI, you will need to fill out form DD-295 and provide your DD-214 Discharge Document to receive credit for your experience." – U.S. Veterans' Magazine. To learn more, visit: