Trident’s Associate of Science in Cybersecurity (ASC) is a two-year, 60-credit hour program designed to help students prepare to pursue an entry-level position in this exciting and growing industry1. Students can complete the program online, studying computer systems basics as well as the fundamentals of information and data security. Courses include foundations of computing, computer ethics, information security management, network defense, intrusion detection, and other relevant subjects.
By completing the ASC program, you can learn how to:
- Apply working knowledge of foundational concepts associated with computer systems, networks, and network security
- Use appropriate system and networking terminology to accurately communicate cybersecurity concerns
- Pinpoint network and security risks, and develop plans to protect network hardware, system hardware, and operating systems.
- Identify and use information sources and tools to respond to the evolving field of cybersecurity
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills relevant to the field of cybersecurity
- Synthesize information from diverse sources to act on expected and unexpected cybersecurity events.
- Demonstrate ability to respond ethically to cybersecurity events