Transfer up to 24 credits and earn an Associate of Science in Professional Studies with an Organizational Leadership Concentration
This program focuses on providing students with a solid and practical knowledge base that they can apply in the development of their potential for becoming and/or assisting an effective leader in both the organization and the community. Students entering this program will transfer between 12 and 24 credits from a military occupation, military rating, military training or a completed professional certificate/diploma. Develop the skills you need to begin your career with an online Associate of Science in Professional Studies: Organizational Leadership (ASPS-OL) degree from Trident.
With our fully online college degree program, you will enjoy convenience and flexibility as you:
- Use technological tools to analyze practical business and government problems.
- Apply existing knowledge from a multidisciplinary context to make optimal real-world decisions in organizations and communities.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
- Develop a leadership philosophy in accordance with ethical principles.
- Use quantitative reasoning to resolve problems in a field of study.
- Examine strategies in building collaboration and managing conflict.
- Recognize diversity, and historic, artistic and literary expressions.
Online Organizational Leadership Concentration Overview
In the online AS in Professional Studies: Organizational Leadership program, you will become prepared to manage and effect positive change within organizations and communities. The EdActive™ Learning Approach emphasizes learning that is structured on case-based approach to ensure your education is well-suited for the real world.
Students entering this program will transfer between 12 and 24 credits from a completed professional certificate, diploma, or from a military occupation or rating. The credits remaining after the General Education and Capstone courses are completed must be satisfied through free electives to bring the total degree credits to 60 semester hours. The student’s exact number of free electives required will be determined at the time that the transfer credit evaluation is completed by the Registrar’s Office.
See the Trident University Catalog for full descriptions of all program course offerings.
The Associate of Science in Professional Studies with an Organizational Leadership concentration requires 60 credits for degree completion. You will take 32 semester credits of program core coursework and concentration coursework will vary based on amount of transfer credits. Students entering this program will transfer between 12 and 24 credits from a completed professional certificate, diploma, or from a military occupation or rating.
Core Courses (all courses are 4 semester credit hours)
ETH101 – Introduction to Ethics
LED201 – Human Relations in Leadership
MGT280 – Principles of Management
- A diploma from an accredited or state approved high school, or its equivalent
- A minimum GPA of 2.0 in all high school coursework transcripts (if a student has less than 24 semester hours of post-secondary education)
- A certificate or diploma with at least 12 semester hours of transferable college credit or documented military training* as defined by Trident’s transfer policy. *Proof of military service includes successful completion of basic training, documented in an official military transcript (JST, CCAF, etc.)
- Proof of English proficiency (international students only; see section on English Proficiency in the Trident University Catalog)
- A minimum GPA of 2.0 in all transferable coursework
If you plan to transfer potential credit, please review our transfer policy.
Did you know, you could potentially take fewer classes and shorten time to graduation by passing a Trident Challenge Exam*? Undergraduate students can demonstrate their knowledge and, if successfully passed, earn credit toward their degree. Talk to your Student Success Advisor about this and other Prior Learning Assessment opportunities!
*The ability to reduce time in school and/or reduce tuition varies by campus and depends on the number of Trident Challenge exams successfully passed. Trident Challenge exam credits are unlikely to transfer. Not all programs are eligible for a reduction in time and money. Courses eligible are subject to change.
- Credits are considered for transfer from:
- Any regionally or nationally accredited college or university
- The American Council on Education (ACE)
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- The DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSST/DANTES)
- The Council for Adult and Experiential Learning (CAEL)
- Other non-traditional forms of learning as deemed appropriate by College Deans or designees.
- Decisions on the transfer of credits are ultimately at the discretion of the College Deans or designees.
- Students may formally appeal transfer decisions to the Provost or designee. Appeals must be submitted in writing and must be accompanied by supporting documentation or evidence such as a course syllabus.
- Students are urged to review the specific policy statement applicable to each degree program regarding maximum transferable credits to the program and concentration, or both.
- Transfer credits will not be included in the calculation of overall GPA.
Transfer students can review the full transfer credit policy in the Trident University Catalog.
|tuition type||per credit||per course||per year*|
|Retired Military / Veteran / And Their Immediate Family Members**||$330||$1,320||$6,600|
|Military & Immediate Family Members / Department of Defense Federal Civilian Employees**||$250||$1,000||$5,000|
|Active Duty, National Guard and Reserve U.S Military Service Members**||$250||$1,000||$5,000|
- Books and Supplies: $0
- Bounced Check Fee: $30
- Course Materials: $0
- Diploma Copy: $30 (optional)
- Food, Housing, and Transportation: N/A
- Graduation Fee: $150
- Official Transcript: $10 (rush fee $35)
- Other Expedited Shipping Fees: varies based on region
- Payment Plan Set-up: $35-$55 (non-refundable)
- Student ID Card: $10 (optional)
- Technology Fee: $0
- Other fees may apply and are subject to change without advance notice.
Seeking more information on the cost of attending Trident University? Visit Trident’s Financial Aid Resources page where you will find financial aid tools including Trident’s Net Price Calculator and Shopping Sheet, a guide to assist in early financial planning for college.
Get Started Today – Apply Now!