Earn a Bachelor of Science in Human Resource Management (BSHRM) From a 100% Online University
The online Bachelor of Science in Human Resource Management (BSHRM) degree from Trident is designed to help you prepare to pursue a career path in the human resource management field. You’ll gain knowledge, practical skills, and experience as you complete the online human resources degree course assignments and work closely with our outstanding faculty. You can also get involved in Trident’s Virtual Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) student chapter.
While attending this fully online bachelors degree program, you will:
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of Human Resource Management so that you can grow, develop, and hire great talent.
- Learn practical skills, such as staffing, training, HR information systems, benefits, global HRM, and more.
- Gain a strong business background in areas such as accounting, marketing, finance, organizational behavior, and strategic management.
- Become an effective communicator in a business setting.
- Advance your education even while you work full time, thanks to the flexible and convenient scheduling of our online college degree programs.
- Join an engaged and connected online human resources college community.
Online Human Resources Degree Program Overview
In the Bachelor of Science in Human Resource Management (BSHRM), you can study the skills you need to help organizations succeed by building great teams and nurturing their people. The EdActive™ Learning Approach was designed to ensure you gain skills that are applicable in real-life human resource scenarios.
See the Trident University Catalog for full descriptions of all program course offerings.Did you know, you could potentially take fewer classes and shorten time to graduation by passing a Trident Challenge Exam*? Undergraduate students can demonstrate their knowledge and, if successfully passed, earn credit toward their degree. Talk to your Student Success Advisor about this and other Prior Learning Assessment opportunities!
The Bachelor of Science in Human Resource Management (BSHRM) requires 120 credits for degree completion. You will take 52 semester credits of program core coursework and 16 credits of elective courses. You’re also required to meet Trident’s general education requirements as specified in our course catalog. You will need to complete specific courses (or their equivalent) to satisfy general education competency areas.
Have you ever thought about obtaining your masters degree? If so, we have a dual credit option that allows you to earn MSHRM degree credits while taking BSHRM program courses. We call it FastracDC and it is our fastest and most affordable pathway to a masters degree. By selecting the dual credit option you can have three of your upper division courses applied towards an MSHRM degree from Trident.
- A diploma from an accredited or state approved high school or its equivalent
- Proof of English proficiency (international students only; see section on English Proficiency in the Trident University Catalog)
If you plan to transfer potential credit, please review our transfer policy.
- Transfer students are required to provide official transcripts of all prior academic work without exception.
- Prior academic work will be articulated during the admission process.
- All courses, whether applied to a program or general elective in transfer will be posted to the student’s permanent record.
- Transfer credits will not be included in the calculation of overall GPA.
- At the undergraduate level, students may transfer in credit no matter the date of completion. In cases where the content of a course is deemed outdated or no longer relevant/equivalent by Trident, credits for that course will transfer as general elective credits only.
- Students may formally appeal transfer decision to the Provost or designee. Appeals must be submitted in writing within five business days and must be accompanied by supporting documents or evidence.
|tuition type||per credit||per course||per year*|
|Retired Military / Veteran / And Their Immediate Family Members||$330||$1,320||$9,900|
|Military & Immediate Family Members / Department of Defense Federal Civilian Employees||$250||$1,000||$7,500|
- Books and Supplies: $0
- Bounced Check Fee: $30
- Course Materials: $0
- Diploma Copy: $30 (optional)
- Food, Housing, and Transportation: N/A
- Graduation Fee: $150
- Official Transcript: $10 (rush fee $35)
- Other Expedited Shipping Fees: varies based on region
- Payment Plan Set-up: $35-$55 (non-refundable)
- Student ID Card: $10 (optional)
- Technology Fee: $0
- Other fees may apply and are subject to change without advance notice.
Seeking more information on the cost of attending Trident? Visit Trident’s Financial Aid Resources page where you will find financial aid tools including Trident’s Net Price Calculator and Shopping Sheet, a guide to assist in early financial planning for college.
Get Started Today – Apply Today!
Faces of Trident
Meet Trident alum Lesley Tener, BSBA in Human Resource Management, and find out why he chose Trident to complete his bachelors degree.
Meet Your BSHRM Faculty
Our human resource management online faculty members are committed to helping students advance their knowledge and careers.