Earn a Bachelor of Science in Leadership (BSL) From a 100% Online University
Our online Bachelor of Science in Leadership (BSL) degree will prepare you to lead by instilling in you the information, skills, experience, and confidence you need to succeed.
While participating in our fully online bachelors degree program, you will work closely with our exceptional faculty as you:
- Create your own personal leadership development plan.
- Learn how to effectively deal with change within organizations.
- Develop your written and oral communication skills.
- Gain critical thinking and research skills.
- Advance your career – even while working full time.
- Join a dynamic online college network.
Leadership Online Degree Program Overview
In the Bachelor of Science in Leadership (BSL) online degree program, you will be prepared to effectively handle the challenges facing the leaders of today and the future. Our EdActive™ Learning Approach emphasizes the development of real-world skills and experiences, so you’ll be ready to contribute to your organization’s success right out of college.
The Bachelor of Science in Leadership (BSL) program provides Trident graduates with the skills required to ethically lead and effect change in diverse organizational environments, including for profit, not-forprofit, and government applications. The program focuses on exposing students to quality leadership skills and sharpening vital critical thinking, reasoning, information literacy, and communication skills. These skills can be leveraged in students’ current roles while enhancing and developing their knowledge and abilities to prepare them for future opportunities.
See the Trident University Catalog for full descriptions of all program course offerings.
My life has been tremendously impacted by education. I really never knew how much education could change one person’s life. Ricky S., BSL Class of 2013
Upon successful completion of their respective BSL program option, graduates should be able to:
- Describe the role of the leader in today’s business and government environment and the challenges facing leaders of the future.
- Evaluate methods for establishing and achieving organizational goals by explaining concepts and skills for stimulating individual and group performance.
- Create and assess their own personal leadership development plan.
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communications at all levels of the organization by identifying guidelines for overcoming cross cultural communication barriers in a diverse workforce.
- Analyze the process of dealing with change as mid-level managers working in multinational organizations or analyze the process of dealing with change as mid-level administrators working in criminal justice agencies.
- Utilize critical thinking and research skills in the evaluation of alternative leadership solutions.
- Conduct academic research to analyze practical business and government problems.
This program is not designed to meet the educational requirements for a specific professional license or certification that is required for employment in an occupation. As such, Trident has made no determination regarding prerequisites for licensure or certification in any state or jurisdiction.
The Bachelor of Science in Leadership (BSL) requires 120 credits for degree completion. You will take 36 semester credits of program core course work and 32 credits of concentration coursework. You’re also required to meet Trident’s general education requirements as specified in our course catalog. You will need to complete specific courses (or their equivalent) to satisfy general education competency areas.
Have you ever thought about obtaining your masters degree? If so, we have a dual credit option that allows you to earn MSL degree credits while taking BSL program courses. We call it FastracDC and it is our fastest and most affordable pathway to a masters degree. By selecting the dual credit option you can have three of your upper division courses applied towards an MSL degree from Trident.
- Interdisciplinary Studies – This concentration emphasizes integrating knowledge from different perspectives, developing strong analytical and communication skills, and taking creative approaches to problem solving and decision-making. Students will be prepared to embark upon management and leadership careers within a variety of organizations.
- Management – This concentration develops leaders who are adept at team building, communications, and marketing. You will take courses, such as Principles of Marketing; International Business; and Strategic Management.
See the Trident Catalog for full descriptions of all concentration course offerings.
- A diploma from an accredited or state approved high school or its equivalent
- Proof of English proficiency (international students only; see section on English Proficiency in the Trident University Catalog)
If you plan to transfer potential credit, please review our transfer policy.
Did you know, you could potentially take fewer classes and shorten time to graduation by passing a Trident Challenge Exam*? Undergraduate students can demonstrate their knowledge and, if successfully passed, earn credit toward their degree. Talk to your Student Success Advisor about this and other Prior Learning Assessment opportunities!
*The ability to reduce time in school and/or reduce tuition varies by campus and depends on the number of Trident Challenge exams successfully passed. Trident Challenge exam credits are unlikely to transfer. Not all programs are eligible for a reduction in time and money. Courses eligible are subject to change.
- Transfer students are required to provide official transcripts of all prior academic work without exception.
- Prior academic work will be articulated during the admission process.
- All courses, whether applied to a program or general elective in transfer will be posted to the student’s permanent record.
- Transfer credits will not be included in the calculation of overall GPA.
- At the undergraduate level, students may transfer in credit no matter the date of completion. In cases where the content of a course is deemed outdated or no longer relevant/equivalent by Trident, credits for that course will transfer as general elective credits only.
- Students may formally appeal transfer decision to the Provost or designee. Appeals must be submitted in writing within five business days and must be accompanied by supporting documents or evidence.
|tuition type||per credit||per course||per year*|
|Retired Military / Veteran / And Their Immediate Family Members**||$330||$1,320||$9,900|
|Military & Immediate Family Members / Department of Defense Federal Civilian Employees**||$250||$1,000||$7,500|
|Active Duty, National Guard and Reserve U.S Military Service Members**||$250||$1,000||$7,500|
- Books and Supplies: $0
- Course Materials: $0
- Diploma Copy: $30 (optional)
- Food, Housing, and Transportation: N/A
- Graduation Fee: $150
- Official Transcript: $10
- Other Expedited Shipping Fees: varies based on region
- Payment Plan Set-up: $35-$55 (non-refundable)
- Student ID Card: $10 (optional)
- Technology Fee: $0
- Other fees may apply and are subject to change without advance notice.
Seeking more information on the cost of attending Trident University? Visit Trident’s Financial Aid Resources page where you will find financial aid tools including Trident’s Net Price Calculator and Shopping Sheet, a guide to assist in early financial planning for college.
Want to save time & money on your degree? Receive credit for eligible past experience and military service with Trident Fastrac. Click here to learn more.
Get Started Today – Apply Now!
Faces of Trident
Meet Ricky, Trident B.S. in Business Administration alumnus. Read more as to why he chose Trident to pursue his degree.
Meet Your BSL Faculty
Trident's supportive leadership faculty include seasoned professionals who have worked for well-known organizations.