Competent and caring professionals are critical in today’s health and human services industry. In the College of Health Sciences, you will study with a highly qualified faculty committed to improving the health and wellbeing of people across the world.
The EdActive™ Learning Approach will sharpen your critical thinking and prepare you to become a leader in a variety of clinical and administrative health care settings. The College of Health Sciences offers doctoral, master, bachelor, and associate degree programs, including:
- Work to develop your skills in human services with an online Associate of Science in Homeland Security (ASHLS) degree. ASHLS students learn about how our country’s homeland security organizations protect our domestic and international communities. The program is designed to help students prepare to pursue a career path in the homeland security field. ASHLS graduates can continue to advance their education by applying all of their earned AS in Homeland Security 60 credits towards Trident’s Bachelor of Science in Homeland Security program.
- The online Bachelor of Science in Health Administration (BSHA) program is designed to provide skills to help graduates prepare to pursue entry and mid-level functional positions in health care administration or to pursue graduate education in the field. Our mission is to produce highly competent, ethical, caring health administration professionals who can both manage and effect change for the better in organizations and systems. We do this with an evidence-based, online teaching model, and a student-centered learning environment designed to help undergraduates expand their knowledge and skills.
- Trident’s online Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences (BSHS) program is designed to provide a firm foundation in the health sciences to help graduates prepare to pursue entry and mid-level positions in public health and health care management or to pursue graduate education in a health-related field. This degree program offers the following concentrations: public health, environmental and occupational health and safety, health care administration, and health education.
- The online Bachelor of Science in Homeland Security (BSHLS) degree program is sequentially constructed to correspond to the “four pillars” of the National Preparedness Goal (2011) and the Missions of the Strategic Plan of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) (2012). This coverage format is designed to ensure that all essential areas are addressed so that learners will study fundamental coverage of the homeland security scope of responsibilities.
- The online Master of Science in Health Administration (MSHA) degree caters to real world practical needs and focuses on implementing the knowledge the skills needed for effective administrative leadership roles in organizations throughout the complex health care ecosystem.
- MSHA / MBA – The Glenn R. Jones College of Business and the College of Health and Human Services have joined forces to offer a program that results in the conferral of both a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree and a Master of Science in Health Administration (MSHA) degree.
- The online Master of Science in Health Sciences (MSHS) degree program is designed to help students prepare to pursue career paths as managers or researchers in the fields of environmental and occupational health and safety, global health security, health education, or public health.
- The online Master of Science in Homeland Security (MSHLS) degree program is designed for both military and civilian students with experience responding to domestic crises, terrorist-based events, and natural disasters. The MSHLS degree program courses closely align with Department of Homeland Security (DHS) mission objectives and are appropriately sequenced to before-, during-, and after-a-disaster episodes on American soil.
- Trident’s online Doctor of Health Administration (DHA) is a professional doctoral program that is designed to help healthcare leaders prepare to critically evaluate research and the political, social, and legal climates in which healthcare functions. In turn, they can use this information to help lead ethically, socially, and culturally responsive organizations that are responsive to market and regulatory demands while serving diverse stakeholders.
- Trident’s online Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Health Sciences degree program is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills for conducting research, education, and management career paths in government. We emphasize research-based critical thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills, legal and ethical issues in the health field from Health Care Administration to Global Health.