Dr. Sharlene Gozalians
Part-time Faculty - College of Health and Human Services
Sharlene Gozalians, DrPH, MPH, CHES earned her Masters of Public Health in Health Education and Promotion at the University of Southern California; she continued her education to earn her Doctorate in Public Health at Loma Linda University. Her professional background includes working with healthy food access and the built environment issues in Los Angeles County, creating healthy communities, youth empowerment and advocacy, corner store conversions, program planning and evaluation and teaching. Her volunteer experience includes working in Tanzania, Brazil and Armenia addressing prevention, health education and maternal and child health issues. Her passion for public health addresses the needs of underserved and vulnerable populations. Dr. Gozalians has been teaching for Trident University for over three years now. She currently teaches BHS 220 (Introduction to Health Statistics), MIH 521 (Health Program Evaluation), RES 500 (Research methods for the Health Sciences) and BHE 200 (Essentials of Public Health).
- Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
- Chao, M.S., Goldfinger, J., Gozalians, S., Sun, S, Y., & Thaker, P. (2016). Evaluating the impact of provider breastfeeding encougement timing: Evidence from a large population-based study. Journal of Epidemiological Research, 2(2).
- Chao, M. S., Goldfinger, J. & Gozalians, S. (2015). Breastfeeding in Los Angeles County: Exploring Mother’s Barriers to Iniation and Reasons for Stopping, Breastfeeding Medicine, Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine, 10 (8).
- Breastfeeding in Los Angeles County: Exploring Mother’s Barriers to Iniation and Reasons for Stopping. Breast feeding Policy Roundtable, February 2013.
- Provider Encouragement Impacts Breastfeeding Initiation and Continuation in Los Angeles County. Breast feeding Policy Roundtable, February 2013.
- Gozalians, S. (2012). Healthy food access, the built environment and youth perceptions: A review of literature. Eta Sigma Gamma Student Monograph
- Zero to Three Annual Conference, New Orleans, LA, December 2016
- Sixth National Summit on Quality in Home Visiting Programs, Washington, DC, February 2016
- American Public Health Association Annual Conference, Denver, CO, October 2016
- Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine, 20th Annual International Meeting, Los Angeles, CA, October 2015
- Fourth National Summit on Quality in Home Visiting Programs, Washington, DC, February 2014
- American Public Health Association
- Society of Public Health Education
- Zero to Three
- Senior Public Health Research Specialist, LA Best Babies Network, Los Angeles, CA (2012 - current)
- Evaluation Consultant, Loma Linda University's Institute for Community Partnerships, Loma Linda, CA (2012 - current)
- Student Health Researcher