Dr. Wenling Li
Doctoral Studies Director - College of Education
Dr. Wenling Li is a Professor and Program Director of the Ph.D. Program in Educational Leadership, leading program development and academic excellence. Dr. Li holds her Ph.D. in Cognitive Psychology in Beijing Normal University and had Post doc in Dept of Psychology, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC). Dr. Li was senior research scientist at the Center for the Study of Reading (UIUC) prior to Trident. Her primary research interests are reading, writing and instructional approach in K-12, and school leadership and administration. She has authored seven books and numerous articles on dynamic issues in children’s learning and language mastery.
Dr. Li is a member of the American Educational Research Association, the National Association for the Education of Young Children, and the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages.
- Ph.D. in Educational Leadership
- Li, W., Gaffney, J. S., & Packard, L. J. (2002) Chinese Language Acquisition: Theoretical and Pedagogical Issues. Amsterdam: Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- Egbert, J., Li, W. Gomez, F., Pennington, S.(2015). Non-Cognitive Factor Relationships to Hybrid Doctoral Student Self-Efficacy. International Journal of Web-Based Learning and Teaching Technologies .
- Kooiman, B. J., Kim, H., Li, W., & Wesolek M. (2013). Linking the educational principles of multiplayer gaming and play to common core strategies. International Journal of Technology in Teaching and Learning, 9(2), 189-204.
- Li, W. & H. Shu. (2016). The World of Children’s Reading Book Series I-IV: The Psycholinguistics Studies on Early Reading. Beijing Normal University Publishing Press.
1992. Excellent Young Psychologists Paper Award, Chinese Psychology Association, China
1988-89. Graduate School Dissertation Fellowship, Beijing Normal University.
The National Association for the Education of Young Children,
The American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages.