Dr. Michael S. Garmon
Department Chair, Management and Leadership Studies / Class of 2004 - Glenn R. Jones College of Business
Dr. Michael S. Garmon is the Department Chair of Management and Leadership Studies in the Glenn R. Jones College of Business. Dr. Garmon is a former healthcare insurance executive, who has held a variety of positions (CFO, COO) in new product development (disease management and health and wellness programs), health insurance operations, provider relations and contracting, finance, integrated health care, predictive modeling, and outcomes/research.
Dr. Garmon has experience in both the private sector and in public sector (government) healthcare organizations. His research interests include organizational learning, culture, and identity, and the use of Structural Equation Modeling (SEM). Dr. Garmon’s personal interests include reading classic literature and history.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Leadership
- Labrie, R.A., Browne, C., Christensen, D.E., Greenwood, K.L., Straus, J.H., Garmon, M.S.,...Shaffer, H.J. (2007). Implementation of a consumer-directed approach in behavioral health care: Problems and prospects. Psychiatric Services, 58(3), 300-302.
- Labrie, R.A., LaPlante, D. A., Peller, A.J., Christensen, D.E., Greenwood, K.L., Straus, J.H.,...Shaffer, H.J. (2007).The interdependence of behavioral and somatic health: Implications for conceptualizing health and measuring treatment outcomes. International Journal of Integrated Care, 7(16), 1-11.
- Garmon, M. S. (2004). The relationship between organizational learning, culture, image, identity and identification: An empirical study (Order No. 3157338). Available from ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global. (305051876).
Institute of Behavioral and Applied Management
Academy of Management