Dr. Roberto Coto PhD
Part-time Faculty - Glenn R. Jones College of Business
Dr. Coto’s educational background consists of a Ph.D. in Organization & Management, Bachelor of Science in Business, MBA in General Business and an MBA in Strategic Leadership, and a Certificate in Project Management.
During many years studying at universities, he had the opportunity to interact with many professors and classmates coming from diverse backgrounds, providing the ability, knowledge and skills to communicate well in these settings.
Throughout Dr. Coto’s studies, he has had the opportunity to do extensive research in diversity management, diversified workforce, learning organizations, the influx of foreign nationals to the U.S. workforce, the high-technology workforce, global operations, project management, global corporations, leadership, and diverse types of organizational structures and management which includes outsourcing, downsizing, and operations and change management.
Dr. Coto I live in Los Angeles county, Burbank CA., he spends some time in North Dallas suburbs, TX USA., and in New York City NY as well
Dr. Coto have had the opportunity to travel extensively internationally; and lived in foreign locations. These extensive traveling opportunities provided him with the opportunity to acquire knowledge and exposure to many cultural backgrounds, societies and ethnicity.
His professional experience includes working for a multinational electronics corporation in Dallas, TX USA. He has worked on areas of electrical engineering, semiconductor equipment & benchmarks, supervisory, quality control, manufacturing in high technology environments, project management, forecasting, suppliers, training in international settings, outsourcing and strategic business planning. In addition, he does consultancy work in the United States.
For the last 15 years he has been teaching on different University settings as ground face to face, and online environments in USA. He has taught management courses at the undergraduate level, as Principles of Management and Organizational behavior, marketing capstone.
At the master MBA level, he has been teaching Strategic Implementation, Leadership, Project Management and Alignment, Knowledge Management and Information systems, Transformational Leadership, Operations Management, Strategic Leadership, Advanced Entrepreneurship, Business Ethics, Continuous Quality Improvement, Quality Management and Productivity, Global Supply Chain Management, General marketing.
At the doctoral Dr. Coto have been teaching for 8 years Strategic Implementation, Leadership Solutions, Leadership in Global and Multicultural Organizations, Leading; Innovation, Leadership and Organizational Behavior, and Managing Global Challenges.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Leadership
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Leadership
- On May 2012 Dr. Roberto Coto. PhD presented at the Harvard University campus in Boston, Massachusetts the research The Five Disciplines Concerning the Dynamics of Change This presentation was an invitation from the International Journal of Arts
- Chairman of the Hispanic Employees Initiative, Texas Instruments, Inc., Dallas, TX, 2004–2005 which includes activities as; communications with executives at highest level CEO, money control budgets, seminar participations, conferences, employees recruiting and retentions, recruiting of minority students, and support of minority universities programs.
- Co-Chairman of the Hispanic Employees Initiative, Texas Instruments, Inc., Dallas, TX, 2003–2004.
- Diversity Leadership Network Member at Texas Instruments, Inc., Dallas TX.
- Madison Who is who in America, 2006.
- Academy of Management, USA, 2006.
Teaching is the way to show the path to knowledge and to present the reasons why it is important to learn about academics. This involves a sense of discovery, knowledge, understanding alternative views, and awareness of a larger framework on which to support a set of ideas.
Critical thinking requires that students develop informed opinions about aspects of material with no clear answers. Academics, combined with a necessity to test ideas with experiments and observations, also contribute to the scientific process.
Areas of Expertise: An analytical and forward-thinking professor with broad ranging expertise in e-Learning, business training, course development, and leadership training
Mentor experience based dissertation activities with several specific goals. This is a formal process. I am mentor facilitator who works with individual students over an extended time period.
Encourages students to think about ethical, social issues as well as human behavior, management styles within organizations to promote a strong understanding of the business world.
Experience serving multicultural globally oriented businesses, consumers and students.
Global multinational corporations’ industry expertise & practitioner PhD.