Our online Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) degree program is designed for current and emerging leaders in both traditional and nontraditional education environments.
Earn a Doctor of Education (EDD) From a 100% Online University
Make an Impact with an Online Ed.D.
Learn how to effectively lead educational organizations. Develop the skills to operate as a scholar-practitioner with the capacity to address the challenges educational leaders face in a variety of settings.
The Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) degree program is designed for current and emerging leaders who are ready to take the next step in their professional development. The College of Education is widely respected for producing an exceptional network of educators and scholars.
Every aspect of our doctoral program takes place online, ensuring adult students have the flexibility you need as you:
- Learn to positively transform educational settings through exceptional leadership.
- Apply theories and models that contribute to positive organizational culture.
- Strategically build relations and coalitions to improve the quality of education.
- Combine research and professional practice knowledge to develop best practices and influence policy.
- Be a member of a community of energetic online scholars.
- Learn from committed faculty members that will provide assistance and insight as you complete your coursework and research.
Are you an All But Dissertation (ABD) student?
Were you unable to complete your doctoral program at another university? Trident offers an Ed.D. Degree Completion program for students who have started a doctoral degree at another institution, but for one reason or another, were unable to complete the program. Students must transfer a minimum of 28 doctoral level transfer credits and follow a program of study that focuses on the completion of the Doctoral Study.
“You can feel the passion from the instructors.” – Lois S., Alumna. Read what Trident graduates are saying about their academic programs.
Meet Your Ed.D. Faculty
Each faculty member strives to produce high-level academic research, leading their fields in global discussion, while attentively mentoring our students.
Program Overview – What Students Can Expect
The Ed.D. in Educational Leadership is a post-masters professional practice degree, designed for the working professional. Our 52-semester credit hours degree curriculum requires students to demonstrate their ability to effectively apply expertise and prior experience to the practice of educational leadership in their area of specialization.
See the Trident University International Catalog for full descriptions of all program course offerings.
The Doctor or Education program accepts up to 28 semester credits of transfer coursework from regionally accredited doctoral or masters granting institutions (a maximum of 8 credits of transfer coursework may be accepted from a completed Masters of Education program); subject to approval by the Program Director.
See the Trident Catalog for full descriptions of all program course offerings.
- Higher Education – This concentration is intended for students currently holding leadership positions, or aspiring to obtain a leadership position in a post-secondary education setting as academic program administrators, campus administrators, and student affairs or student services professionals.
- Instructional Design – This concentration is intended for students currently holding leadership positions, or aspiring to obtain a leadership position in a military or civilian training program as an instructional systems specialist or instructional designer.
- PK-12 – This concentration is intended for students currently holding leadership positions, or aspiring to obtain a leadership position in elementary and secondary education settings as educator leaders, principals, vice principals, superintendents, and other administrative leaders.
Students must transfer a minimum of 28 doctoral level transfer credits and follow a program of study that focuses on the completion of the Doctoral Study.
|tuition type||per credit||per course||per year*|
|Retired Military / Veteran / And Their Immediate Family Members||$685||$2,740||$10,960|
|Military & Immediate Family Members / Department of Defense Federal Civilian Employees||$656.25||$2,625||$10,500|
- Books and Supplies: $0
- Bounced Check Fee: $30
- Course Materials: $0
- Diploma Copy: $30 (optional)
- Food, Housing, and Transportation: N/A
- Graduation Fee: $150
- Official Transcript: $10 (rush fee $35)
- Other Expedited Shipping Fees: varies based on region
- Payment Plan Set-up: $35-$55 (non-refundable)
- Student ID Card: $10 (optional)
- Technology Fee: $0
- Other fees may apply and are subject to change without advance notice.
Seeking more information on the cost of attending Trident? Visit Trident’s Financial Aid Resources page where you will find financial aid tools including Trident’s Net Price Calculator and Shopping Sheet, a guide to assist in early financial planning for college.
Get Started Today – Apply Today!