Earn a Masters in Education (MAED) From a 100% Online University
Advance your education with the 100% online Master of Arts in Education (MAED) program at Trident University International.
Through your quality online graduate program in education at Trident, you will:
- Develop critical analysis and research skills to assess problems and formulate solutions within the field of education.
- Promote collaborative communication and innovative leadership applying theories and models that contribute to instructional leadership and student success.
- Use a range of appropriate information and/or educational technologies to improve pedagogy and practice.
- Demonstrate ethical and professional behavior as an educator, leader, or scholar.
Online Masters in Education Program Overview
The Master of Arts in Education curriculum focuses on the foundational knowledge necessary to analyze and apply appropriate theory related to learning, organizational management, and leadership. Students are prepared to make positive changes in the field of education with an understanding of current educational practices, educational policies, and factors that impact student success. Graduates are equipped with the knowledge and skills needed for ethical and effective leadership careers in the field of education. See the Trident Catalog for full descriptions of all program course offerings.
The program is designed to provide both a broad-based perspective of adult education and training, as well as an increased competence in fulfilling related responsibilities in educational institutions, nonprofits, and corporate organizations.
Note: As individual state requirements vary, the Master of Arts in Education degree is not a teacher licensure or certification program, nor does it provide administrative credentialing. Students are urged to contact their respective states for specific requirements beyond the graduate degree.
Trident University is the place where you’re going to walk away knowing the information really well because we’ve developed critical thinking skills, but it’s also the place where you can really make your dreams come true.Tasha C., MAED Class of 2014
Upon successful completion of their respective program option, graduates should be able to:
- Understand and apply the social, economic, and political context of the community to influence professional practice as it relates to student success.
- Create an educational organization and community that fosters professional development relationships to support the success of all learners.
- Apply theories of organizational management, strategic decision making, and leadership principles to establish an effective, safe, efficient, and successful learning environment.
- Promote and plan for school improvement through dynamic assessment based on current and relevant research and scholarship.
- Analyze and apply legal and ethical issues that arise in education practices and institutions.
- Recognize and evaluate sources of diversity and inequity related to the needs of marginalized individuals or populations.
Your courses at Trident will be relevant and inspiring. As an MA in Education student, you will take a variety of classes, including History and Policy in U.S. Education, Leadership and Organizational Theory, Law and Ethics in Education, Diversity in U.S. Education, and Research Methods in Education.
You must complete 30 semester credits of core courses and electives, depending on your concentration.
The program requires five core courses (18 credits) plus one capstone course (3 credits) and four elective or concentration courses (12 credits). Choose from:
- Adult Education and Training – This concentration prepares professionals to plan, develop, and deliver effective education and training programs to adult learners in vocational schools, military organizations, and corporate organizations.
- Athletics Administration – This concentration prepares professionals to create a successful sports program at the interscholastic or college level.
- Aviation Education – This concentration prepares professionals who are interested in training positions in aviation-related fields.
- Curriculum and Instruction – This concentration prepares professionals to create and lead online and classroom-based instructional experiences for elementary and secondary students.
- Early Childhood Education – This concentration prepares licensed teachers and other professionals to seek careers in child care administration, community services, and other specialty positions in the field of early childhood education.
- Elementary/Secondary Education Leadership and Administration – This concentration prepares professionals to understand and apply administrative policy and procedure related to human resources and strategic planning in elementary/secondary school settings.
- Higher Education Leadership and Administration – This concentration prepares professionals for careers as education leaders and administrators in a range of postsecondary institutions.
- No Concentration – Students may customize the selection of four concentration courses to meet their specific career objectives.
See the Trident University Catalog for full descriptions of all concentration course offerings.
- Conflict Resolution Management
- Emergency and Disaster Management
- Emergency and Disaster Management - Logistics
- Health Education
- Homeland Security
- Human Resource Management
- Information Assurance and Cybersecurity Management
- Instructional Systems Specialist
- Strategic Leadership
- Supply Chain Management
See the Trident University Catalog for full descriptions of all graduate certificate course offerings.
Subject to additional college-or program-specific admissions requirements, the following standard admissions requirements apply:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university.
- Cumulative minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Certificate-seeking students must provide official transcripts of all prior academic work, including military transcripts.
- Masters degree students are required to provide official transcripts from the institution granting the undergraduate degree.
- Academic entrance exams, such as GRE, MAT or GMAT, are not required for admission.
- International students must provide proof of English proficiency (see Trident University Catalog for details).
The following standard transfer policies apply:
- Transfer students are required to provide official transcripts of all prior academic work without exception.
- Prior academic work will be articulated during the admission process.
- All courses, whether applied to a program or concentration elective in transfer will be posted to the student’s permanent record.
- Transfer credits will not be included in the calculation of overall GPA.
- Graduate coursework submitted for transfer must have been completed within the prior seven years unless the content is deemed outdated or no longer equivalent or relevant by Trident.
- Trident may accept for transfer to the Masters in Education degree up to six graduate level credits from other accredited colleges or universities. All transferred courses must have a grade of “B-” or better.
Tuition cost for the MAED masters program only:
|tuition type||per credit||per course|
|Retired Military / Veteran / And Their Immediate Family Members||$425.25||$1,275.75|
|Military & Immediate Family Members / Department of Defense Federal Civilian Employees||$325||$975|
- Books and Supplies: $0
- Bounced Check Fee: $30
- Course Materials: $0
- Diploma Copy: $30 (optional)
- Food, Housing, and Transportation: N/A
- Graduation Fee: $150
- Official Transcript: $10 (rush fee $35)
- Other Expedited Shipping Fees: varies based on region
- Payment Plan Set-up: $35-$55 (non-refundable)
- Student ID Card: $10 (optional)
- Technology Fee: $0
- Other fees may apply and are subject to change without advance notice.
Seeking more information on the cost of attending Trident? Visit Trident’s Financial Aid Resources page where you will find financial aid tools including Trident’s Net Price Calculator and Shopping Sheet, a guide to assist in early financial planning for college.
Get Started Today – Apply Now!
Faces of Trident
Meet Tasha Cureton, Trident MAED alumna. Read more as to why Tasha chose Trident to pursue her masters degree.
Trident Professors are well-rounded, curious, and active. They know that learning is done on a daily basis. Meet our MAED Faculty members.