Earn a Masters in Education (MAED) From a 100% Online University
Advance your career with the 100% online Master of Arts in Education (MAED) program at Trident University.
Through your quality online graduate program at Trident, you will:
- Gain knowledge and skills needed for ethical and effective careers in education, staff development, and training to meet the needs of diverse student populations.
- Increase your opportunities for career advancement, employment mobility, and lifelong learning.
- Increase your proficiency in fulfilling your responsibilities in educational institutions, nonprofits, and corporate organizations.
- Join an engaging online learning community in the Trident Learning Community (TLC).
- Collaborate with a high quality and diverse faculty.
- Develop effective leadership skills.
Online Masters in Education Program Overview
The online masters in education program integrates theory and practice to give you the most well-rounded experience possible. You’ll gain skills, theories, and strategies that will help you to meet the needs of diverse student populations.
But having an arsenal of knowledge and ideas is only half the battle. To implement those strategies in real-world organizations, you need to be able to garner support from, motivate, and organize key parties. To prepare you, another focus of our online masters program in education is the development of effective leadership skills. See the Trident University Catalog for full descriptions of all program course offerings.
Note: As individual state requirements vary, the Master of Arts in Education degree is not a teacher licensure or certification program, nor does it provide administrative credentialing. Students are urged to contact their respective states for specific requirements beyond the graduate degree.
Your courses at Trident will be relevant and inspiring. As an MA in Education student, you will take a variety of classes, including Infusing Technology in the Classroom, Law and Ethics in Education, and Research Methods in Education.
You must complete 30 semester credits of core courses and electives, depending on your concentration. An additional four credits of prerequisite courses may be required for selected specialties if you have no background or experience in an education or training related field.
Concentrations consist of five core courses (18 credits) plus one capstone course (3 credits) and four elective or concentration courses (12 credits). Choose from:
- Adult Education and Training
This concentration prepares professionals to plan, develop, and deliver effective education and training programs in vocational schools, colleges, military organizations, and corporate organizations.
- Athletics Administration
This concentration prepares professionals to create a successful sports program through effective marketing and financial planning.
- Aviation Education
This concentration prepares professionals who are interested in training positions in aviation-related fields.
- Curriculum and Instruction
This concentration prepares professionals to create online and classroom-based instructional experiences aligned to specific student learning styles.
- Early Childhood Education
This concentration prepares licensed teachers and other professionals to seek careers in child care administration, community services, and other specialty positions in the field of early childhood education.
- Elementary/Secondary Education Leadership and Administration
This concentration prepares professionals to understand and apply administrative policy and procedure related to human resources and strategic planning in elementary/secondary school settings.
- Higher Education Leadership and Administration
This concentration prepares professionals for careers as education leaders and administrators in a range of institutions.
See the Trident University Catalog for full descriptions of all concentration course offerings.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university.
- Cumulative minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Certificate-seeking students must provide official transcripts of all prior academic work, including military transcripts.
- Masters degree students are required to provide official transcripts from the institution granting the undergraduate degree.
- Academic entrance exams, such as GRE, MAT or GMAT, are not required for admission.
- International students must provide proof of English proficiency (see Trident University Catalog for details).
- Transfer students are required to provide official transcripts of all prior academic work without exception.
- Prior academic work will be articulated during the admission process.
- All courses, whether applied to a program or concentration elective in transfer will be posted to the student’s permanent record.
- Transfer credits will not be included in the calculation of overall GPA.
- Graduate coursework submitted for transfer must have been completed within the prior seven years unless the content is deemed outdated or no longer equivalent or relevant by Trident.
- Trident may accept for transfer to the Masters degree up to 30% of graduate level credits from other accredited colleges or universities. All transferred course credits must have a GPA of 3.0 or better.
Trident University offers high quality online degrees designed to impart the skills and knowledge required to compete in today’s marketplace for high demand careers. While our mission is to prepare students effectively to pursue career and professional development in their respective fields, finding gainful employment is the individual responsibility of the student. We do not imply or guarantee that students will find employment or be placed in any particular job as a result of completing an educational program.
Click here for important information about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended this program Gainful Employment
Pursuant to California State Law, Trident University publishes and provides to students residing in California, Performance Fact Sheets to help students make informed decisions regarding their program of interest. The fact sheet for each degree program is filed with the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education. Regardless of any information students may have relating to completion rates, placement rates, starting salaries, or license exam passage rates, fact sheets contain the information as calculated pursuant to state law. Any questions a student may have regarding this fact sheet that have not been satisfactorily answered by the institution may be directed to the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education at: P.O. Box 980818, West Sacramento, CA 95798-0818 | www.bppe.ca.gov | P:888.370.7589 or 916.431.6959 | F:916.263.1897
Tuition cost for the masters program:
|tuition type||per credit||per course|
|Retired Military / Veteran / Partnership / And Their Immediate Family Members||$375||$1,125|
|Military & Immediate Family Members / Department of Defense Federal Civilian Employees||$325||$975|
- Books and Supplies: $0
- Bounced Check Fee: $30
- Course Materials: $0
- Diploma Copy: $30 (optional)
- Doctoral Application Fee: $75 (non-refundable)
- Food, Housing, and Transportation: N/A
- Graduation Fee: $150
- Lab Fee: $25-69 (for students enrolled in courses with a lab portion)
- Official Transcript: $10 (rush fee $35)
- Other Expedited Shipping Fees: varies based on region
- Payment Plan Set-up: $30 (non-refundable)
- Student ID Card: $10 (optional)
- Technology Fee: $0
- Other fees may apply and are subject to change without advance notice.
Seeking more information on the cost of attending Trident University? Visit Trident’s Financial Aid Resources page where you will find financial aid tools including Trident’s Net Price Calculator and Shopping Sheet, a guide to assist in early financial planning for college.
Get Started Today – Apply Today!
Faces of Trident
Meet Tasha Cureton, Trident University MAED alumna. Read more as to why Tasha chose Trident to pursue her masters degree.
Our Professors are well-rounded, curious, and active. They know that learning is done on a daily basis. Meet our MAED Faculty members.