Earn a Masters in Health Administration (MSHA) From a 100% Online University
The health care system in the United States has been in a state of change and growth due to a variety of factors including an aging population, rapid technological advances, developments in medical innovation, revolutionary research, and an evolving policy and regulatory climate. The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) projects that administrative jobs within the healthcare sector will grow by 18% by the year 2028. Additionally, an aging and retiring workforce will increase the need for managers within the field. The BLS identifies the masters level degree as lending particular success to job seekers.
Students who aspire to a rewarding and challenging career leading health organizations can earn their Master of Science in Health Administration (MSHA) at Trident University. In our 100% online MSHA degree program, you will:
- Gain knowledge and skills to effectively lead healthcare systems.
- Be knowledgeable in legal and ethical practices and decision-making.
- Learn to critically evaluate health administration literature and assess multiple and competing perspectives and options.
- Work closely with other students and faculty online.
Online Health Administration Masters Program Overview
The online health administration masters program is propelled by broad trends, such as demographic growth, aging population, medical innovation, and increased public awareness. The Master of Science in Health Administration (MSHA) degree caters to real-world needs and focuses on implementing the knowledge and skills needed for effective administrative leadership roles in organizations throughout the complex health care ecosystem. It’s designed to provide you with a strong knowledge base in health administration including management, health care delivery systems, finance, law and ethics, policy, and leadership.
Your journey toward earning the online masters in health administration degree will allow you to develop the skills to be a strong, smart leader that can lead flexibly in an ever-changing world.
See the Trident University Catalog for full descriptions of all program course offerings.
Professors at Trident believe in us, and encourage us, whether we are students studying in a war zone or an 80-some-year-old woman writing papers from her husband’s hospital room. We appreciate their support and guidance for our achievements.Roberta K., MAED & MSHA Class of 2017/2015
Upon successful completion of their respective program option, graduates should be able to:
- Apply foundational theories and principles of health administration in practical ways to management, finance, policy, and other aspects of the field.
- Communicate in a professional manner appropriate to the field of health administration.
- Develop written deliverables including reports, policy documents, and presentations.
- Communicate verbally to general and specialized audiences.
- Evaluate and analyze health-related data, make inferences, and devise recommendations to address issues in healthcare administration.
- Retrieve, evaluate, and utilize scholarly literature and professional materials in the field of health administration.
- Critically assess multiple perspectives on issues within the field of health administration and recommend appropriate action plans or decision options.
You must complete 40 semester credits of core and elective coursework. An additional eight credits of prerequisite courses may be required for selected specialties if you have no background or experience in a health-related field. See the Trident Catalog for full descriptions of all program course offerings.
- Conflict Resolution Management – This concentration prepares professionals with mastery of the advanced concepts and techniques of conflict resolution management.
- Human Resource Management – This concentration prepares those aspiring to be Human Resource professionals with the knowledge and skills needed to succeed as leaders and contributors in their organization and support to its professional staff.
See the Trident University Catalog for full descriptions of all concentration course offerings.
- Conflict Resolution Management
- Emergency and Disaster Management
- Emergency and Disaster Management - Logistics
- Health Education
- Homeland Security
- Human Resource Management
- Information Assurance and Cybersecurity Management
- Instructional Systems Specialist
- Strategic Leadership
- Supply Chain Management
See the Trident University Catalog for full descriptions of all graduate certificate course offerings.
- 8 MBA required courses (32 credits)
- 7 MSHA required courses (28 credits)
- 1 Dual Degree Capstone required course (4 credits)
See the Trident University Catalog for full descriptions of all dual degree course offerings.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university.
- Cumulative minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Certificate-seeking students must provide official transcripts of all prior academic work, including military transcripts.
- Masters degree students are required to provide official transcripts from the institution granting the undergraduate degree.
- Academic entrance exams, such as GRE, MAT or GMAT, are not required for admission.
- International students must provide proof of English proficiency (see Trident Catalog for details).
- Transfer students are required to provide official transcripts of all prior academic work without exception.
- Prior academic work will be articulated during the admission process.
- All courses, whether applied to a program or general elective in transfer will be posted to the student’s permanent record.
- Transfer credits will not be included in the calculation of overall GPA.
- Graduate coursework submitted for transfer must have been completed within the prior seven years unless the content is deemed outdated or no longer equivalent or relevant by Trident.
- Trident may accept for transfer to the masters degree up to 30% of graduate level credits from other accredited colleges or universities. All transferred course credits must have a GPA of 3.0 or better.
|tuition type||per credit||per course||per year*|
|Retired Military / Veteran / And Their Immediate Family Members||$425.25||$1,701||$7,654.5|
|Military & Immediate Family Members / Department of Defense Federal Civilian Employees||$325||$1,300||$5,850|
- Books and Supplies: $0
- Bounced Check Fee: $30
- Course Materials: $0
- Diploma Copy: $30 (optional)
- Food, Housing, and Transportation: N/A
- Graduation Fee: $150
- Official Transcript: $10 (rush fee $35)
- Other Expedited Shipping Fees: varies based on region
- Payment Plan Set-up: $35-$55 (non-refundable)
- Student ID Card: $10 (optional)
- Technology Fee: $0
- Other fees may apply and are subject to change without advance notice.
Seeking more information on the cost of attending Trident University? Visit Trident’s Financial Aid Resources page where you will find financial aid tools including Trident’s Net Price Calculator and Shopping Sheet, a guide to assist in early financial planning for college.
Get Started Today – Apply Now!
Faces of Trident
At 88 years young, Roberta earned a masters degree at Trident! It's never too late to educate - learn about her life and why she chose to earn a degree.
Trident's faculty include seasoned professionals who worked for well-known organizations. Meet our MSHA Faculty members.