Work to develop the knowledge and skills utilized in the health sciences field with the online Master of Science in Health Sciences (MSHS) program at Trident. In our 100% online program, you will:
- Become efficient in discerning, implementing, and evaluating new developments and advances in health sciences.
- Learn to balance the needs of health practice within sociopolitical and economic environments.
- Improve your ability to critically evaluate research findings.
- Engage in meaningful online discussion, experiences, and relationships.
- Collaborate with a highly qualified, respected, and diverse health sciences faculty.
The online Master of Science in Health Sciences (MSHS) degree program promotes educational opportunities for education advancement and lifelong learning. Our online health sciences students have a passion for thinking about ways to make health sciences systems work better and improve outcomes for patients in different environments.
The goal of the program is to provide students with the knowledge and skills needed for effective managerial and leadership careers in various health fields. Students will learn to discern, implement, and evaluate new developments and advances in fields of health sciences. Individuals will learn to balance the needs of health practice within various sociopolitical and economic environments. The program is also designed to provide students with the ability to critically evaluate research findings in applicable fields of practice.
By immersing yourself in in-depth research projects, engaging with other students and world-respected faculty, and completing rigorous masters-level coursework, your studies will help you pursue a fulfilling career in health sciences.
See the Trident Catalog for full descriptions of all online health sciences masters courses.
I just want to tell people that even though I had my difficulties…I still came out on top and the teachers were absolutely wonderful in helping me.Holly K., BSHS & MSHS Class of 2016/2018
Upon successful completion of their respective program option, graduates should be able to:
- Apply theories, concepts, or models within the health sciences field.
- Communicate proficiently within multidisciplinary health-related contexts to general and specialized audiences.
- Assess and use quantitative and qualitative data to address problems in the field of health sciences.
- Critically examine and integrate health-related literature into practice.
- Evaluate data and information to reach a conclusion appropriate to health science practice.
- Integrate diverse perspectives or cultural differences in an appropriate strategy, plan, or course of action within the health sciences field.
- Apply ethical values and practices to health-related decision making and problem solving.
You must complete 40 semester credits of core courses and electives. See the Trident Catalog for full descriptions of all program course offerings.
- Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety – This concentration prepares professionals for management and director-level positions in the environmental health sciences and occupational health and safety fields.
- Health Education – This concentration prepares professionals to work effectively as health educators.
- Public Health – This concentration prepares professionals for careers in the public health field as well as advanced doctoral studies.
See the Trident Catalog for full descriptions of all concentration course offerings.
- Conflict Resolution Management
- Emergency and Disaster Management
- Emergency and Disaster Management - Logistics
- Health Education
- Homeland Security
- Human Resource Management
- Information Assurance and Cybersecurity Management
- Instructional Systems Specialist
- Strategic Leadership
- Supply Chain Management
See the Trident University Catalog for full descriptions of all graduate certificate course offerings.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university.
- Cumulative minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Certificate-seeking students must provide official transcripts of all prior academic work, including military transcripts.
- Masters degree and certificate students are required to provide official transcripts from the institution granting the most recently conferred bachelors or masters degree.
- Academic entrance exams, such as GRE, MAT or GMAT, are not required for admission.
- International students must provide proof of English proficiency (see Trident Catalog for details).
- Transfer students are required to provide official transcripts of all prior academic work without exception.
- Prior academic work will be articulated during the admission process.
- All courses, whether applied to a program or general elective in transfer will be posted to the student’s permanent record.
- Transfer credits will not be included in the calculation of overall GPA.
- Graduate coursework submitted for transfer must have been completed within the prior seven years unless the content is deemed outdated or no longer equivalent or relevant by Trident.
- Trident may accept for transfer to the masters degree up to 30% of graduate level credits from other accredited colleges or universities. All transferred course credits must have a GPA of 3.0 or better.
|tuition type||per credit||per course||per year*|
|Retired Military / Veteran / And Their Immediate Family Members||$425.25||$1,701||$7,654.5|
|Military & Immediate Family Members / Department of Defense Federal Civilian Employees||$325||$1,300||$5,850|
- Books and Supplies: $0
- Bounced Check Fee: $30
- Course Materials: $0
- Diploma Copy: $30 (optional)
- Food, Housing, and Transportation: N/A
- Graduation Fee: $150
- Official Transcript: $10 (rush fee $35)
- Other Expedited Shipping Fees: varies based on region
- Payment Plan Set-up: $35-$55 (non-refundable)
- Student ID Card: $10 (optional)
- Technology Fee: $0
- Other fees may apply and are subject to change without advance notice.
Seeking more information on the cost of attending Trident University? Visit Trident’s Financial Aid Resources page where you will find financial aid tools including Trident’s Net Price Calculator and Shopping Sheet, a guide to assist in early financial planning for college.
Get Started Today – Apply Now!
Faces of Trident
``I didn't just want to retire and sit at home, I wanted to continue to make an impact in the world.`` Meet Idongesit Ebuete, MS in Health Sciences alumna.
Their commitment to intellectual and professional growth is only rivaled by their commitment to the success of their students. Meet our MSHS Faculty.