As the United States faces more and more threats from terrorists inside our country and abroad, the need for well-trained, critical homeland security experts has never been greater. Learn the skills you need to excel in homeland security professions in the federal, state, and municipal levels through the online Master of Science in Homeland Security (MSHLS) program at Trident.
In our 100% online program, you will:
- Gain advanced knowledge and skills needed to respond to emergencies and disasters.
- Learn to mitigate the potentially catastrophic consequences of natural disasters or terrorist acts.
- Understand and apply legal and ethical practices and decision-making in the field of homeland security.
- Collaborate with many other students and faculty members online as you complete research and coursework.
Online Homeland Security Masters Program Overview
The online Master of Science in Homeland Security (MSHLS) program is designed for both military and civilian students with experience responding to domestic crises, terrorist-based events, and natural disasters. The MSHLS degree program courses closely align with Department of Homeland Security (DHS) mission objectives and are appropriately sequenced to correspond to before-, during-, and after-a-disaster episodes on American soil.
You will graduate with the skills needed in the field of homeland security to make the world a safer place.
See the Trident Catalog for full descriptions of all master in homeland security program course offerings.
You must complete 40 semester credits of core courses and electives. See the Trident Catalog for full descriptions of all program course offerings.
This concentration will begin by examining cyber security policy and laws, and then move on to offensive and defensive cyber actions and intelligence gathering. Real life scenarios involving threats to our critical infrastructures will be used.
- Emergency and Disaster Management
This concentration provides graduates with the skills to succeed in emergency and disaster professions in the military, federal, state and local government, as well as in industry.
This concentration focuses on the most current leadership theory, best practices, and organizational case studies to promote student learning and to enable new leaders to best meet the diverse and multi-faceted challenges they will face in organizational leadership roles.
This concentration prepares managers to prioritize logistic actions in responding to a natural disaster crisis. Crises simulation exercises will be used.
See the Trident Catalog for full descriptions of all concentration course offerings.
- Conflict Resolution Management
- Emergency and Disaster Management
- Emergency and Disaster Management - Logistics
- Health Care Quality Assurance
- Health Education
- Homeland Security
- Human Resource Management
- Information Security/Assurance and Digital Forensics
- Strategic Leadership
- Supply Chain Management
See the Trident Catalog for full descriptions of all graduate certificate course offerings.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university.
- Cumulative minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Certificate-seeking students must provide official transcripts of all prior academic work, including military transcripts.
- Masters degree and certificate students are required to provide official transcripts from the institution granting the most recently conferred bachelors or masters degree.
- Academic entrance exams, such as GRE, MAT or GMAT, are not required for admission.
- International students must provide proof of English proficiency (see Trident Catalog for details).
- Transfer students are required to provide official transcripts of all prior academic work without exception.
- Prior academic work will be articulated during the admission process.
- All courses, whether applied to a program or general elective in transfer will be posted to the student’s permanent record.
- Transfer credits will not be included in the calculation of overall GPA.
- Graduate coursework submitted for transfer must have been completed within the prior seven years unless the content is deemed outdated or no longer equivalent or relevant by Trident.
- Trident may accept for transfer to the masters degree up to 30% of graduate level credits from other accredited colleges or universities. All transferred course credits must have a GPA of 3.0 or better.
|tuition type||per credit||per course||per year*|
|Retired Military / Veteran / And Their Immediate Family Members||$425.25||$1,701||$7,654.5|
|Military & Immediate Family Members / Department of Defense Federal Civilian Employees||$325||$1,300||$5,850|
- Books and Supplies: $0
- Bounced Check Fee: $30
- Course Materials: $0
- Diploma Copy: $30 (optional)
- Food, Housing, and Transportation: N/A
- Graduation Fee: $150
- Official Transcript: $10 (rush fee $35)
- Other Expedited Shipping Fees: varies based on region
- Payment Plan Set-up: $35-$55 (non-refundable)
- Student ID Card: $10 (optional)
- Technology Fee: $0
- Other fees may apply and are subject to change without advance notice.
Seeking more information on the cost of attending Trident? Visit Trident’s Financial Aid Resources page where you will find financial aid tools including Trident’s Net Price Calculator and Shopping Sheet, a guide to assist in early financial planning for college.
Get Started Today – Apply Today!
A Dynamic Learning Environment. Become Trident Strong and enhance your ability to think, to learn, and to solve problems.
Meet Your MSHLS Faculty
Online masters students benefit from close academic mentoring relationships that advance their knowledge, research skills, and careers.