Military Success Scholarship Program
Now available to Graduate Students
The Military Success Scholarship (MSS) Program is available to all eligible undergraduate, graduate and ISS Certificate Active Duty, Reserve, and National Guard members currently serving in the U.S. Armed Services, who utilize all military Tuition Assistance benefits for the military fiscal year (October 1 – September 30). The scholarship is designed to help students who have exhausted their annual tuition assistance benefits at Trident, by reducing their cost per credit hour by 50% for up to 6 courses after their benefits are exhausted within the same military fiscal year.
Students who transfer to Trident within the military fiscal year, may also be eligible for MSS if they have exhausted their tuition assistance benefits and successfully complete at least two courses within the military fiscal year at Trident. Students who meet this criteria (must provide documentation verifying annual usage at another institution for the current military fiscal year)
- Currently serving U.S. Active Duty, Reserve, and National Guard members
- Currently enrolled in a Trident undergraduate, graduate or ISS Certificate degree program
- Meet Trident University International admission requirements
- Successfully complete a minimum of 4 courses within the military fiscal year (October 1 – September 30). Successful completion is defined as receiving a passing grade per the university catalog requirement.
- Students enrolled in the MAED program will need to successfully complete a minimum of 6 courses within the military fiscal year due to the 3 credit hour structure.
- Transfer students will need to successfully complete a minimum of 2 courses within the military fiscal year.
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 for undergraduate and 3.0 for graduate.
- Students on an approved Leave of Absence, which runs through to the new military fiscal year, will not be eligible for a scholarship from the previous military fiscal year
- This scholarship expires at the end of each military fiscal year (9/30).
- Scholarship does not apply to repeated courses
- Scholarship can only be combined with the Military Education Grant and not any other Trident grants or scholarships.
- Scholarship reduces the cost per credit hour by 50% for up to 6 courses, after benefits are exhausted within the same military fiscal year:
- Cost reduced to $500 per 4 credit course after Military Education Grant is applied
- Cost reduced to $375 per 3 credit course after Military Education Grant is applied
Login to TLC to locate your Student Finance Advisor. Please reach out to your advisor to determine your eligibility.