The online Doctor of Health Administration (DHA) program is a professional doctoral program designed to help healthcare leaders prepare to critically evaluate research and the political, social, and legal climates in which healthcare functions. In turn, they can use this information to help lead ethically, socially, and culturally responsible organizations that are responsive to market and regulatory demands while serving diverse stakeholders.
Students will work to become well-versed in core competencies of health administration and healthcare research methods in the DHA program. To further develop skills and competency at evidence-informed problem solving and decision making, instruction in applied research methods culminates in a doctoral study project that the graduate can implement in the workplace. These studies will be undertaken as a joint project with an organization of the student’s choosing and will demonstrate sound research practice, independent thinking, and innovative solutions
Upon completion of the online DHA degree program, the student will be able to:
- Assess how organizations should operate and respond to social, economic, and political forces that shape the healthcare system and the environment in which it functions.
- Demonstrate the verbal and written skills necessary for healthcare executives to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Utilize quantitative and qualitative data to make sound organizational decisions that positively impact patients, staff, and other stakeholders.
- Provide evidence of an ability to contribute to the scholarly-practitioner information base in the field of health administration.
- Critically assess emerging trends, operationalize their potential impacts on health-related administrative practice, and respond appropriately.
- Collaborate with diverse stakeholders to make decisions conducive to healthy organizational development.
- Resolve administrative challenges in compliance with health law, policies, and ethical guidelines for health administration.
See the Trident Catalog for full descriptions of all program course offerings.