Our online Doctor of Health Administration (DHA) degree program is designed for professionals who aspire to advance in executive, consulting, and faculty careers in areas of Health Administration.
Earn a Doctor of Health Administration (DHA) From a 100% Online University
Make an Impact with an Online DHA
The College of Health and Human Services offers the Doctor of Health Administration (DHA) degree program to develop health administrators who are prepared to meet the needs of a growing field, with competencies of the National Center for Healthcare Leadership and the Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Education in mind.
According to The Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of medical and health services managers is projected to grow 18 percent from 2018 to 2028*. The healthcare administration/management field is ever-changing, impacted by regulatory and legal policy, as well as political and social trends, and advances in technology and research.
Every aspect of our doctoral program takes place online, ensuring adult students have the flexibility you need as you:
- Assess trends and keep their organizations aligned with the latest innovations
- Effectively communicate to staff, patients, and other stakeholders on relevant healthcare issues
- Critically evaluate data from various sources and apply it for optimum organizational outcomes
- Demonstrate accountable and collaborative leadership in a diverse organization
- Act ethically to abide by current regulatory requirements
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Medical and Health Services Managers, on the Internet (visited March, 2020). Conditions in your area may vary.
“You can feel the passion from the instructors.” – Lois S., Alumna. Read what Trident graduates are saying about their academic program.
Meet Your DHA Faculty
Our online doctoral faculty helps students build their expertise through intensive coursework, deep research, and outstanding learning experiences.
Program Overview – What Students Can Expect
The DHA is a professional doctoral program that prepares healthcare leaders to critically evaluate research and the political, social, and legal climates in which healthcare functions. In turn, they can use this information to help lead ethically, socially, and culturally responsible organizations that are responsive to market and regulatory demands while serving diverse stakeholders.
Students become well-versed in core competencies of health administration and healthcare research methods. The culminating experience is a practice-based Doctoral Study Project that the graduate can implement in the workplace.
By the culmination of the Doctor of Health Administration degree program, you will be able to:
- Assess how organizations should operate and respond to social, economic, and political forces that shape the healthcare system and the environment in which it functions.
- Demonstrate verbal and written skills necessary for healthcare executives to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Utilize quantitative and qualitative data to make sound organizational decisions that positively impact patients, staff, and other stakeholders.
- Provide evidence of an ability to contribute to the scholarly-practitioner information base in the field of health administration.
- Critically assess emerging trends, operationalize their potential impacts on health-related administrative practice, and respond appropriately.
- Collaborate with diverse stakeholders to make decisions conducive to healthy organizational development.
- Resolve administrative challenges in compliance with health law, policies, and ethical guidelines for health administration.
The DHA program builds on the established fundamentals of health sciences practice and research. To further develop skills and competency at evidence-informed problem solving and decision making, instruction in applied research methods culminates in a doctoral study project. These studies must be undertaken as a joint project with an organization of the student’s choosing and must demonstrate sound research practice, independent thinking, and innovative solutions.
See the Trident Catalog for full descriptions of all program course offerings.
The Doctor of Health Administration program accepts up to 24 semester credits of graduate level coursework from regionally accredited institutions; subject to approval by the Program Director. A total of 8 semester credits can be transferred from Trident’s MSHA or MSHS degree programs.
- ePortfolio – To save everything related to the development of your dissertation in a single place.
- 800 Dissertation Tasks Course – Provides a single place to submit, track, and gain approval for completed tasks.
|tuition type||per credit||per course||per year*|
|Retired Military / Veteran / And Their Immediate Family Members||$708.75||$2,835||$11,340|
|Military & Immediate Family Members / Department of Defense Federal Civilian Employees||$656.25||$2,625||$10,500|
- Books and Supplies: $0
- Bounced Check Fee: $30
- Course Materials: $0
- Diploma Copy: $30 (optional)
- Food, Housing, and Transportation: N/A
- Graduation Fee: $150
- Official Transcript: $10 (rush fee $35)
- Other Expedited Shipping Fees: varies based on region
- Payment Plan Set-up: $35-$55 (non-refundable)
- Student ID Card: $10 (optional)
- Technology Fee: $0
- Other fees may apply and are subject to change without advance notice.
Seeking more information on the cost of attending Trident University? Visit Trident’s Financial Aid Resources page where you will find financial aid tools including Trident’s Net Price Calculator and Shopping Sheet, a guide to assist in early financial planning for college.
Get Started Today – Apply Today!