Welcome to the Doctor of Health Administration
The DHA is a professional doctoral program that prepares healthcare leaders to critically evaluate research and the political, social, and legal climates in which healthcare functions. In turn, they can use this information to help lead ethically, socially, and culturally responsible organizations that are responsive to market and regulatory demands while serving diverse stakeholders.
Students become well-versed in core competencies of health administration and healthcare research methods. The culminating experience is a practice-based Doctoral Study Project that the graduate can implement in the workplace.
By the culmination of the Doctor of Health Administration degree program, you will be able to:
- Assess how organizations should operate and respond to social, economic, and political forces that shape the healthcare system and the environment in which it functions.
- Demonstrate verbal and written skills necessary for healthcare executives to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Utilize quantitative and qualitative data to make sound organizational decisions that positively impact patients, staff, and other stakeholders.
- Provide evidence of an ability to contribute to the scholarly-practitioner information base in the field of health administration.
- Critically assess emerging trends, operationalize their potential impacts on health-related administrative practice, and respond appropriately.
- Collaborate with diverse stakeholders to make decisions conducive to healthy organizational development.
- Resolve administrative challenges in compliance with health law, policies, and ethical guidelines for health administration.
The DHA program builds on the established fundamentals of health sciences practice and research. To further develop skills and competency at evidence-informed problem solving and decision making, instruction in applied research methods culminates in a doctoral study project. These studies must be undertaken as a joint project with an organization of the student’s choosing and must demonstrate sound research practice, independent thinking, and innovative solutions.
See the Trident University Catalog for full descriptions of all program course offerings.
The Doctor of Health Administration program accepts up to 16 semester credits of graduate level coursework from regionally accredited institutions; subject to approval by the Program Director.
- ePortfolio – To save everything related to the development of your dissertation in a single place.
- 800 Dissertation Tasks Course – Provides a single place to submit, track, and gain approval for completed tasks.
- DHA – Doctor of Health Administration – coming soon!
|tuition type||per credit||per course||per year*|
|Retired Military / Veteran / Partnership / And Their Immediate Family Members||$675||$2,700||$10,800|
|Military & Immediate Family Members / Department of Defense Federal Civilian Employees||$625||$2,500||$10,000|
- Books and Supplies: $0
- Bounced Check Fee: $30
- Course Materials: $0
- Diploma Copy: $30 (optional)
- Doctoral Application Fee: $75 (non-refundable)
- Food, Housing, and Transportation: N/A
- Graduation Fee: $150
- Lab Fee: $25-69 (for students enrolled in courses with a lab portion)
- Official Transcript: $10 (rush fee $35)
- Other Expedited Shipping Fees: varies based on region
- Payment Plan Set-up: $30 (non-refundable)
- Student ID Card: $10 (optional)
- Technology Fee: $0
- Other fees may apply and are subject to change without advance notice.
Seeking more information on the cost of attending Trident University? Visit Trident’s Financial Aid Resources page where you will find financial aid tools including Trident’s Net Price Calculator and Shopping Sheet, a guide to assist in early financial planning for college.
Get Started Today – Apply Today!