Your Masters Degree is Within Reach
Do you dream of pursuing your MBA? Are you anxious to return to graduate school, but struggle to find the time or money to do so?
With Trident University, your graduate education is both attainable and affordable. Learn more about the financing options available to you by clicking on one of the tab descriptions below.
Steps to Applying for Financial Aid
- Apply for Admissions to Trident University
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- When completing the FAFSA, use American InterContinental University School Code 014720
- Utilize the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (if applicable)
- Complete the Trident Financial Aid Application within the
- Click on My Record > Financial Aid
- Select your program and start term
- Proceed through each milestone and submit all required financial documentation including additional information if selected for verification by the Department of Education
- Review tentative award
- Review confirmed award letter
Types of Aid Offered
- Federal Pell Grant – Available to eligible undergraduate students who have not earned a bachelors or professional degree.
- Subsidized Loans – Available to undergraduate students with financial need. Interest on the Direct Subsidized loan is paid by the Department of Education while you’re in school at least half time, for first six months after you leave school, and during a period of deferment.
- Unsubsidized Loans – Available to undergraduate and graduate students. Interest will accrue and capitalize while in school. Students are responsible for the interest on the Direct Unsubsidized loan.
- PLUS Loans – Available to graduate or professional students or the parents of a dependent undergraduate student enrolled at least half-time in a program leading to a graduate or professional degree or certificate.
Processing Times and Deadlines:
Trident will receive your FAFSA in approximately 72 hours from the time of completion. Please allow 1-2 week(s) processing time after the completion of the Trident Financial Aid Application. Students have until the Registration Deadline for the session enrolled to complete the Financial Aid Application. The Federal FAFSA year runs from July 1st to June 30th. Each Federal FAFSA year you will be required to complete a new FAFSA.
Additional Federal Financial Aid information:
Federal Financial Aid is not awarded until a student is officially admitted to a degree program. Federal Financial Aid is disbursed only after the student meets Trident’s academic participation and payment period enrollment policy.
In some cases, the Department of Education will select students for verification and request that students provide additional information for an award to be processed. This may increase processing time. In some cases, Trident may select students for further verification by requesting additional documentation. This also may increase processing time.
Student borrowers should always apply for Federal Financial Aid before applying for Private Loans.
Processing time: Processing varies depending on military education office.
Learn more about tuition assistance for active duty military members.
- Chapter 30 – Active Duty Montgomery GI Bill®
- Chapter 31 – Veteran Readiness Program
- Chapter 33 – Post 9/11 GI Bill®
- Chapter 35 – Dependent Education Assistance Program
- Chapter 1606 – Montgomery GI Bill®- Selected Reserve
Processing time: Approximately 6-8 weeks for first time applicants
Trident directly bills the employer for the tuition owed.
Pay in full, set up a payment plan, or utilize a different payer type in order to begin courses. Thereafter submit reimbursement request to employer.
Defer tuition until the end of the session. Available to students and family members who work for organizations that have partnered with Trident. Most commonly used in conjunction with Tuition Reimbursement as it allows students receiving employer tuition reimbursement to defer payment until after grades for each term are posted.
Processing time: Benefits and processing varies depending on Human Resources department of the employer.
- To pay in full, please log into your student account.
- Select My Record>Tuition Payments and select the course(s) you want to pay for and click “Add to Cart.”
- Select Credit Card in Payment Information and proceed to enter your credit card information. We accept: American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa.
Check or Money Order
Please make payment out to Trident University International and send to:
Trident University International
PO Box 7890
Carol Stream, IL 60197-7890
Processing time: Approximately 72 hours
Cashnet Payment Plans are interest-free plans that allow you to break your tuition into more affordable payments. Your payment plan will be facilitated through the Cashnet Payment Plan system. Cashnet Payment Plans are not loans, so there are no interest payments. There is a $35 or $55 non-refundalbe management fee, depending on the length of the plan you select.
You can choose to log in to MyTLC portal to make the payments each month or you can select an auto-debit option to have payments automatically deducted from your checking account or credit card. Payments can be made using either a checking account or from a major credit/debit card including:
- American Express
Sign up for a Cashnet Payment Plan
- To sign up, please log into MyTLC portal.
- Select My Record > Tuition Payments to select the course(s) you want to pay for and click “Add to Cart.”
- Select Tuition Payment Plan in Payment Information. You will then be directed to the Cashnet to complete the sign-up process for your payment plan.
Read all terms and conditions and keep a copy of your contract for your records.
Processing time: Approximately 24 hours
Trident University’s William “Joe” Gainey Scholarship is open to all qualified active duty, reserve, and national guard members currently serving in the U.S. Armed Forces and pursuing a graduate degree at Trident.
Processing time: Varies
Seeking more information on the cost of attending Trident University? Visit Trident’s Financial Aid Resources page where you will find financial aid tools including Trident’s Net Price Calculator and Shopping Sheet, a guide to assist in early financial planning for college.