Hone your expertise and elevate your competency by mastering evidence-based problem-solving and research in the healthcare industry.
Reach Your Full Academic Potential with Trident
Make an Impact with an Online DHA
The Doctor of Health Administration (DHA) degree program is designed for professionals who aspire to advance in executive, consulting, and faculty careers in areas of Health Administration.
In our doctoral program, you will study how to:
- Assess trends to keep your organization aligned with the latest healthcare innovations
- Effectively communicate to staff, patients, and other stakeholders on relevant healthcare issues
- Critically evaluate data from various sources and apply it for optimal organizational outcomes
- Demonstrate accountable and collaborative leadership in a diverse organization
- Act ethically to abide by current regulatory requirements
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Medical and Health Services Managers, on the Internet (visited March, 2020). Conditions in your area may vary.
Earn a Doctor of Health Administration (DHA) From a 100% Online University
Our 100% online doctoral degree is designed to help you take your skills and leadership to the next level.
A Trident degree in Health Administration can help you learn how to become an ethical healthcare leader
“You can feel the passion from the instructors.” – Lois S., Alumna. Read what Trident graduates are saying about their academic program.
Meet Your DHA Faculty
Our online doctoral faculty helps students build their expertise through intensive coursework, deep research, and outstanding learning experiences.
Make an Impact with an Online DHA
The College of Health and Human Services offers the Doctor of Health Administration (DHA) degree program designed to develop healthcare administrators who are prepared to meet the needs of a growing and ever-changing field with competencies of the National Center for Healthcare Leadership and the Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Education in mind.
The healthcare administration/management field is consistently impacted by regulatory and legal policy changes, political and social trends, and advances in technology and research. We help our students prepare to understand and embrace these challenges and opportunities so they can drive growth and success within their organizations while focusing on helping them grow professionally.
According to The Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of medical and health services managers is projected to grow 32 percent from 2020 to 2030*. *Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Medical and Health Services Managers, at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/medical-and-health-services-managers.htm (visited March 17, 2022). This data represents national figures and is not based on school-specific information. Conditions in your area may vary.
Discover the Trident Difference
The online DHA program is a professional doctoral program designed to help healthcare leaders prepare to critically evaluate research and the political, social, and legal climates in which healthcare functions. In turn, they can use this information to help lead ethically, socially, and culturally responsible organizations that are responsive to market and regulatory demands while serving diverse stakeholders.
Students will work to become well-versed in core competencies of health administration and healthcare research methods in the DHA program. To further develop skills and competency at evidence-informed problem solving and decision making, instruction in applied research methods culminates in a doctoral study project that the graduate can implement in the workplace. These studies will be undertaken as a joint project with an organization of the student’s choosing and will demonstrate sound research practice, independent thinking, and innovative solutions
Upon completion of the online DHA degree program, the student will be able to:
- Assess how organizations should operate and respond to social, economic, and political forces that shape the healthcare system and the environment in which it functions.
- Demonstrate the verbal and written skills necessary for healthcare executives to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Utilize quantitative and qualitative data to make sound organizational decisions that positively impact patients, staff, and other stakeholders.
- Provide evidence of an ability to contribute to the scholarly-practitioner information base in the field of health administration.
- Critically assess emerging trends, operationalize their potential impacts on health-related administrative practice, and respond appropriately.
- Collaborate with diverse stakeholders to make decisions conducive to healthy organizational development.
- Resolve administrative challenges in compliance with health law, policies, and ethical guidelines for health administration.
The Doctor of Health Administration program accepts up to 24 semester credits of graduate level coursework from regionally accredited institutions; subject to approval by the Program Director. A total of 8 semester credits can be transferred from Trident’s MSHA or MSHS degree programs.
- ePortfolio – To save everything related to the development of your dissertation in a single place.
- 800 Dissertation Tasks Course – Provides a single place to submit, track, and gain approval for completed tasks.
|tuition type||per credit||per course||per year*|
|Retired Military / Veteran / And Their Immediate Family Members||$708.75||$2,835||$11,340|
|Military & Immediate Family Members / Department of Defense Federal Civilian Employees||$656.25||$2,625||$10,500|
- Books and Supplies: $0
- Bounced Check Fee: $30
- Course Materials: $0
- Diploma Copy: $30 (optional)
- Food, Housing, and Transportation: N/A
- Graduation Fee: $150
- Official Transcript: $10 (rush fee $35)
- Other Expedited Shipping Fees: varies based on region
- Payment Plan Set-up: $35-$55 (non-refundable)
- Student ID Card: $10 (optional)
- Technology Fee: $0
- Other fees may apply and are subject to change without advance notice.
Seeking more information on the cost of attending Trident University? Visit Trident’s Financial Aid Resources page where you will find financial aid tools including Trident’s Net Price Calculator and Shopping Sheet, a guide to assist in early financial planning for college.
Get Started Today – Apply Today!